Good day to everyone! My goodness we have passed the half way mark of April. Times sure flies.
Today we are having a nice sunny day. It has cooled much this week from last week, but not too bad. We have some much cooler weather coming this coming week - possibility of freeze again! Dang I hate that. This year I am going to try to cover the grape arbor so I don't lose my grapes like I did last year.
The car saga all worked out. It is fixed and the price wasn't as much as I assumed. He even gave me a list of future things I might want to think about fixing, when the time is right. Most of them were things I already knew about. Nothing expensive or big.
I got it back Friday afternoon, and then decided to stay home!! LOL. Friday afternoons and weekends are way to busy at the stores for me - so I stayed in.
I was pleased with this garage - they seemed to be good fair people. I will use them again.
I feel so much better to see my vehicle in the drive.
- I mowed and trimmed the entire yard. Trimming sure made a difference in the look
- I did more yard work - (it never ends)
- I fixed 2 finch feeders that had broken perches. Crazy thing - I have always bought the same type and have had several that had a broken port or perch. I kept them in a box in garage. Came across them the other day and it just dawned on me that the parts are all the same. I repaired the 2 hanging with new posts from old ones. Saved me about $30 from buying 2 new ones (which was on my list)
- I worked in the garage while my friend/neighbor worked on car. I got a huge bunch of stuff for recycle and trash. Did some straightening. So much left to do!
- I ran to super WM with neighbor. I only go to WM grocery/market once in a while - hadn't been in super WM in many years. I checked for cat food and they bunches!!!! I got a bunch of canned food - stocking my shelves. I will check again in a week or two for different flavors. I looked for canning lids - none - but they had tons of jars
- I used leftovers in new dishes
- I received $6 in coupons for dry cat food from a friend
- Inventoried and straightened the upright freezer. Found a few things I forgot about! I have it very nicely arranged for the moment! (we all know how quickly that can change). LOL. Now I know what I need to add to stock
- I inventoried my canning lids. I have bought many in past years on discount. I have bunches of wide mouth and many regular. I will get regular when I see them. Everything all together now (they were scattered every where). Still need to work on organizing jars (don't need any of those for sure). Also have pectin out the wazoo!
- Using what I have and cooking from scratch
- Did NOT go to the grocery this week as planned - didn't bother me a bit
Meals this past week:
Cheesy broccoli soup (freezer) and fried egg sandwich
Fried potatoes and smoked sausage with steamed asparagus
Ham/cream cheese/veggie roll-up
Mex. pasta (used leftover bean/beef from tostadas over shells)
3 slices Spam, grilled small zucchini and mashed potatoes (YUM)
Got through a semi stressful week. Truly just tried to go with the flow and not get too upset. I figure God had different plans for me than I did.
Not the most frugal week - but considering a repair is better than a car payment - I'll take it. THIS is why we try to be frugal most of the time. These unexpected things can knock you for a loop if there isn't an emergency fund.
How was your week? What did you get accomplished? Have you been stocking up? Staying frugal?
Prayers and good thoughts for all. Wishing you all health and safety. Blessings from my humble little home to yours.