Good day everyone! Hope this finds you well and safe. It seems we are running through this month full speed - goodness it is almost over.
I think this week we had all four seasons in one - actually had that in just a couple days!! My what a week it was. S N O W - ick!!! I sure hope that has all gotten out of the earth's system till next winter!
We had the most snow and coldest temps for this late in the year that we have had in like 120 years.
The blue jays and cardinals are many and frequent the feeders often. Bright yellow finches are abundant (they are so pretty). I think I will finally put the hummingbird feeders out this week, now that I feel safe from future freezes.
Even with all that crazy weather I still had a couple days that the heat was off and the windows were open a bit.
- I mowed grass on Monday and snow started on Tuesday evening!
- A neighbor helped me cover the grape arbor to protect from the freeze. I also covered all the peonies and the poppies. The arbor is a good 12' high if not more and it was so cold and windy while trying to cover it. What a job! (talk about using muscles not used!!)
- Got everything uncovered by myself - another big job. I am not sure how much good it did to cover the arbor - a lot still froze. Hopefully it saved enough new growth to have some grapes this year. I know the arbor didn't die - but it may lack grapes again this year.
- I did a few little small repairs around the house
- I fixed the drier heat knob again. Last I fixed it was a good 2+ years ago and it finally gave out. Now it is fixed again!
- Did a lot of laundry - plant coverings (old sheets)
- Ran out one day - stopped at Big Lots and Kroger. I am anticipating what might be short in stock this summer and got plenty of freezer bags! Bought some fruit and veggies I also found 2 boxes of lids/bands canning lids. Pound of ground turkey for 1.19.
Cookies on clearance at Big Lots for .63 pack!!!! I got 3 of each and shared with a neighbor and his son. The cooking morsels will be fun to use in cookies. (strawberry, graham pcs. and white chocolate chips)
- Got a .20 gallon discount on gas while out
- Made a small pot of lentil soup
- Cooking from scratch and using what I have on hand
- Went to a celebration for my sister's 90th birthday!!!!! She is sure amazing. It was a wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman.
- Pulled up tons of poison ivy from flower bed - futile effort I know. It thrives in this community and is so hard to get rid of, since it is all around flowers.
- Just doing all the normal stuff
Meals this past week:
Poor man Swiss steak and mashed potatoes
Slice of pizza from freezer and salad
Tuna patty, mac n cheese and small salad
Leftover soup and salad
Skillet pizza pasta
Ate at my nieces for birthday celebration
It has been an emotional week as well. My nephew has been in hospital with a couple serious health issues. A niece hospitalized for health issues in her last month of pregnancy. It was 2 year anniversary of G's passing. So it was nice to have the diversion of sis's birthday celebration. It is nice to have a family get together that is a happy occasion and not a sad one.
How was your week? Are getting getting decent weather? Get any deals?
I hope you are all healthy and safe and staying on the frugal band wagon!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own troubles be sufficient for the day.
Please Lord help us live in the moment and not to borrow trouble.