Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Renewal - Regrowth - Revive

 Spring is soon to be here.  It is a time of rebirth for the land.  Everything awakens and starts growing and blooming and being born.  What a wonderful time.  
March is the beginning of spring for many of us.  I know many live in areas where the weather stays lovely most of the year - how wonderful.  As much as I hate winter - I do appreciate the seasons.  
Others are starting fall (southern hemisphere).  That is so hard for my brain to grasp!!  LOL


March - hard to believe it is that time again.  I walked about yesterday and saw some daffodils peeking out of the ground - their tips have yellowed from cold - but they are a promise for beauty soon to come!  
Lots of spring flowers will be popping soon.  The birds are singing their glorious songs. The squirrels are getting all frisky (if you know what I mean)!
I saw 5 robins in my yard yesterday!!!!!!!  My first of the season and on the first day of March.
The temperatures are starting to make some changes.  Beautiful warmer and sunny days - then some cold ones as well.  The cold ones will be fewer as time goes on.
The daylight hours are getting longer.  So many positive things happening to the earth and in nature.  Be aware - and be grateful that we get to experience it.  There can be joy in each day - despite the world happenings.
Here you go - read this and say each morning!  Today is a great day - God gave you another gift.  Don't waste it.  Believe, enjoy and be grateful for everything.  So many would LOVE to have your life.

How do you plan on living your March?  I plan on getting as much fresh air and sunshine as possible.  I want to take care of some small projects inside my home. I want to clean and organize more.  I want to get the inside of my home in good shape and in good order - so when spring/summer does get here - I can be outside as much as possible.  Granted, housework never ends - but bigger projects can be done and then I can move forward.

We have started meteorologist spring as of March 1.  The spring equinox starts March 20.  We have today, Ash Wednesday.  There is Mardi Gras and St. Patties Day.  In another week and a half we go back to daylight savings time.  The world of nature is waking up!!!!!!!
We need to wake up as well!!!!!!  We need to get out of our winter slumber and get active again.  MOVE and REJOICE.

We still have chance of frost, freeze and snow - so please do not remove leaves and garden waste yet.  Many of the necessary insects are still sleeping and need that for shelter.  Clean up the basic yard - but leave those flower beds and gardens alone for a while yet.  That only applies to those of us who KNOW we will get more cold.  Some folks in the southern states are planting gardens.  Lucky them.
Just be mindful of your weather zone and go accordingly.

So as the earth has a renewal and revival - so should each of us.  We all need to have our reawakening as well.  Be mindful of your home, your yard, your family and friends, your neighborhood and YOURSELF!!!!!!   Be kind to others.  Pray like you have never prayed.  LIVE like you have never lived.  Make this a wonderful month and a wonderful spring.

I mentioned to someone the other day - I cannot control what happens in the world - but I can control what happens in my home and what happens in my mind and heart.
You can too.  Take control of your little piece of the world and make it wonderful.  Maybe, just maybe if we all do that - life will be brighter for others as well.
HAPPY MARCH!

27 comments:

  1. Cheryl, your last paragraph is very inspirational. Thanks. Big job for March - paint the main bathroom. A friend says don't bother with taping beforehand but I shudder to think about that. There will be taping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would tape as well! A little effort for a whole lot less mess!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. You saw daffodils and robins. I am so jealous. All I see out my window is snow and more snow. I am so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!!!! I felt so honored. It will be a long while before any blooming daffodils - but they are peeking out of the soil!
      I bet you are ready - so over snow.

      Delete
  3. Happy March!

    No robins here yet, but there is a pair that nest in my large evergreen out front that often show up by the end of the month - which is far too early in my mind. But I'll be watching for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your eyes open. I was so urprised yesterday!

      Delete
  4. No robins yet, but the red-winged blackbirds are starting to reappear, and the geese are also returning to the lakes and ponds. And the coyotes are back on the prowl. It won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to the red-winged black birds too! They are just so pretty. We just started having them show up about 5 years ago. Love hearing the geese fly over.
      It won't be long!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Happy March, Cheryl! Our month will be BUSY as we prepare for our move. We're back in CA to get the house and its contents sorted and packed, with movers scheduled at the end of the month. There'll likely be a quick trip back to AZ mid-month as overseeing things from afar doesn't work quite as well as being there.

    I feel grateful, thankful and blessed every day. Even more so as spring approaches with BIG changes ahead! Did I mention our next door neighbors (there) have a mule, a horse, several goats and a flock of chickens? We haven't met the neighbors yet, but the chickens came over to introduce themselves while we were there. LOL!
    --Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for you as you get ready for this big change in your life. How neat!
      You couldn't ask for better neighbors. How neighborly of the chickens!!!!! They were obviously raised right! LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh Cheryl, I do love March. IT always brought spring and warmer weather and just happiness. Happy March to you my dear. You bring so much joy. Thank you for just being you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love March too. Life is returning to all the world.
      Thank you sweetie.

      Delete
  7. Yes Cheryl i told you the good weather would not last. It was a very wet day here. More bad news on the oil front. Its went up by $150 per 500 litres in one week. I feel sorry for young family who are not cooking from scratch and living pay day to pay day.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the rain. We will be much cooler today as well. It will be up and down for a while yet.
      Prices on gas will probably go up further too. I remember times of crazy high has prices and it looks they will happen again.

      Delete
  8. Debby in Kansas USAMarch 2, 2022 at 6:37 PM

    I have been sick for 2 weeks! Apparently this particular cold virus has been jealous of Covid for getting all the attention. My husband got it first and then me. The doctor said it's *just* a URV. More like an upper respiratory NIGHTMARE!!! I have never felt bad this long from a head cold. Needless to say, all plans hit the garbage for February. Now March will be twice as much work. The house hasn't even been cleaned for 2 weeks!
    The weather is great though, so it has fresh air. I've been sitting outside for about 20 minutes each day for 3 days now, praying for a good sneeze to start clearing my sinuses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you have felt so bad - hoping you are on the mend. Prayers for a good sneeze!
      Hey, the housework will get done when it gets done. Take your time and don't overdo it. Fresh air and sleep are your friends!

      Delete
  9. I have often posted your last paragraph on my Facebook page.

    Spring will be awhile yet here on the prairies of Canada. In fact we are supposed to get up to 27 cm of snow over the next couple of days.

    I so want spring.....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow!!!!! Yuck.
      Glad to know others feel the same. We can only have so much control - so we need to take care of what we can.
      Blessings

      Delete
  10. I would so love spring as much as you do if it were not for the spring winds. Spring is our windy season and those winds can get crazy some days. Not all, mind you but a lot of days. Grrrr......I truly hate wind. But yes, the earth is waking up and renewing itself after a long winter's nap and it's almost time to wake up too and get some fresh air and sunshine. Between the windy days of course. Did I mention that I hate windy days? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind nice spring breezes. I however, don't like tornadic winds or super high winds. They can be damaging.
      Love the reawakening! Sun and fresh air are so lovely.

      Delete
  11. We cannot be sure what spring will bring in Indiana. The old-timers like to tell the stories of a big snowstorm in March during the basketball tourney. Those old fellows were certain because it happened one time, it would happen every year. ha! We are not feeding the wild birds right now because of the avian flu, don't want our girls to get it. When I am out weeding in the strawberry bed this morning I will be on the lookout. Seeing robins was always a sure sign of spring coming.

    Taking care of my little corner of the world has long been my affirmation. Sort of taking care of the plank in your own eye, not the splinter in your neighbor's eye. We do need to honor every single day the Father gives us.

    Hopefully the spring breezes and mild temps will clear away the winter lethargy. I know it felt good to get out to work in the gardens with the sun on my face, doing a little cleanup. Have some containers that have split and need to be dumped and put in the trash. Definitely need to cut up the rotted boards from raised beds and burn them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually DO remember many a tourney time being snowy! It seems we always have snow in March and sometimes April!
      I have some of those pots to get rid of too. Split after years of use. I need to go out this weekend and dump dirt into something else and rid myself of the broken pots.

      We can control our corner of the world and that is about it. I will do what I can. Each and every day is a gift - it should be celebrated.

      Delete
  12. Nice post and especially your last paragraph. My sentiments exactly. We need to do what we can and leave the big stuff to God who is ultimately in charge of everything.

    Jacki G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed He is! We can little differences each day - but God know the real outcome of everything. AND everything happens for a reason - we just aren't aware of why. He is!

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete