Happy Sunday. I hope this finds you all well and safe. Hoping you are getting to enjoy some wonderful weather! And I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
We have had lovely weather so far this weekend. Couple days this week we woke to temps in the 40's - but all the plants are good. It supposed to get really much warmer this coming week. High's in upper 80's. No rain in sight for much of the week.
It seemed to look a lot like winter earlier in the week. I guess it was cottonwood - but the white fluff was flying like crazy and the allergies were going!
- My double wide blinds in the living room broke this week (very old). It is an odd size, so will take some time to find a replacement. I had curtain and valances on hand and put those up and they will work for now!
- Did replace a blind on another window (had it on hand)
- Garden IS PLANTED!!!!!!! Weed barrier down, plants in, and soaker hose laid!
- Cut a couple more bouquets
- Made new nectar for hummingbird feeders
- Did some painting and refreshing of a few yard accents
- My front area is now finished!!!!!! It looks lovely. My nephews company got the materials and his daughter and SIL did the work. He refused any money whatsoever - said it was a gift to me!!!!! Dang - I had no idea. My gr. niece and her hubby will get something from me for the work.
AFTER - just lovely
Many neighbors have come by to say how much they like it. I have looked out the door and seen neighbors on the outer walk or standing in the yard looking at it!!! It sure looks better than dirt!!!!! They obviously think so too!!! LOL
- Mowed and trimmed everything
- Picked a bunch of rhubarb - had a few strawberries from last week and made a strawberry/rhubarb sauce with s little honey for sweetener - it was soooooo good.
- Ran out to get bird seed.
- Stopped at Kroger across from feed store - checked markdowns. I got a 1/2 gal. milk for .55, a 12 pack of Kroger brand diet soda for 1.77 (will last most of summer/treat) and sour cream/dip for .55
Menu this past week:
Breaded shrimp, steamed broccoli, crusty garlic rounds
Baked potato topped w/broccoli and above dip
Chicken tenders, broccoli
Tamales and rice
Tuna salad sandwich and fresh veggies
Had fruit and strawberry/rhubarb sauce for treats
I guess my most time consuming events were getting the garden in and redoing the window treatments. The kids only took about 2 1/2 hours to get the front done - I was out there the whole time and did help pull weeds and such. I know it would have taken me days to do that and I wouldn't have been able to move afterward!!!!!! What a blessing.
How was your week? Did you get your gardening done or are you doing it this weekend? Get any deals? Enjoying good weather?
I know many are busy this weekend, so if I don't see you guys on here I understand.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend with family, friends or just peace and quiet and reflection.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Dear Lord, thank you for this reminder that we are never alone. Even in our darkest hours You are always holding us in Your protective and loving hands. Amen