Thursday, July 18, 2024

Just A Weekly Chat

 Happy Thursday to all.  My goodness, the week and month is flying by.  It is a gorgeous morning here in Indy.  The sky is blue, the air is cool, and the humidity is gone!  It was 63*F this morning when I got up.  Looks as if the next many days will be lovely as well.  I guess that means I need to get busy and work outside!!  The rain sure has made everything grow.
I hope those who need rain, get some.  Those who are so hot, get some relief!
I wish I could bottle days like this and send them to everyone!!
This week as I was looking for things on my past blog posts, I ran across many older blog posts talking about days with Glen, and showing pictures and telling stories of kitties that are no longer with me.  Those things bring back so many memories.  I got sad, and cried and it also made me smile - as I had all these wonderful souls in my life.  Gosh I miss Glen.  I just have a hard time believing it has been over 5 years now that he has been gone.  I miss our talking and laughing so much.  He could always make me laugh.
He is still around, as there are pictures everywhere, and even some of his things.  But it is soooo quiet and yes, lonely at times.

I sure miss all those kitties I have lost in the past 5 1/2 years.  Five of them.  Each one had a sweet personality and they all were special.
But now I have an older guy and a young buck in the house!!!  They are just so sweet.  Blackie is my bud, and he is so laid back.  So mellow and just living his best life!  Bits - well that bugger is a hoot.  He loves to play, and he loves to love on me.  I am so happy to have them in my life.  It sure keeps things interesting.  They make me smile.
The neat thing about having a blog is that it is sort of like a diary!  The story of my life.  I can look back and remember and laugh and cry and just enjoy those moments again.

I don't think I will grocery shop this week.  I just don't need a thing, and really nothing looked to appealing in the ads.  It just amazes me how often some people shop.  I often wonder why they just don't buy everything all at once - instead of daily.  My neighbor does this.  It sure would save money to go less often.  Less temptation, less gas, less time, etc.

The house on the other side of the alley that burned 3 years ago, is being worked on this week!  Amazing.  Two years ago they reroofed and put in some new wood on the roof - there was a huge hole in the roof.  I had seen inside, and the house was totally gutted and there was a huge hole in the floor into the basement!  They have filled 2 big dumpsters in the past 2 days, and I imagine a 3rd one will show up today.  I cannot even imagine for a second that all that fire smell could ever be eliminated in that house.
I mean it would be nice to have it livable again, but unless the slumlord sold it, it will never be well taken care of.  But I digress - it is being worked on and fixed - so that is a good thing!

Well, I am going to enjoy this incredible weather for a mid-July day.  I will be working and accomplishing this today OUTDOORS!  Yay!
The garden is growing and growing.  The birds are singing such sweet songs this morning.
I have already been out and fed all the critters, cleaned the watering holes, and filled the feed containers back up.  Checked the garden and all is good.
The AC is off and the windows are open filling the house with fresh air.
It is a GOOD DAY!

What is going on in your world?  Anything exciting?  Do you have any big plans for the weekend?
I plan on yard work and porch sitting!

Have a beautiful and blessed day.

19 comments:

  1. Cool front are two of my favorite words and it finally arrived overnight here. It is SO nice outside now that the humidity is gone. I have a three day weekend and I plan on visiting the farmers market tomorrow, going to a flea market on Saturday just to get out a bit and then spending time at home with hopefully the AC off and the fresh air coming in. I think I'll sage the house for good measure. I really don't like shopping so I would hate having to go every week let alone every day. I hope you have a wonderful weekend Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is glorious isn't it? So glad you have cooled as well. Your plans sound perfect to me. Hmmm, now you have me thinking - maybe a farm market tomorrow. That would be fun to do, even if I buy nothing.
      Have yourself a wonderful good time this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I hear you about the long-gone cats, not to mention the dearly beloved departed people. DS and I were talking about our cats earlier this week, remembering and missing - although he has 3 beauties now, so sweet and friendly. My little Allie-cat is working out better and better. Now that I let her outside for a bit she is gaining confidence and looks much happier. She'd never been outdoors, or so I understood when I got her. Nobody gets to see her except me though, as she is *very* shy.

    Yes, today is cooler and looks to be lovely. Maybe more showers this evening! Oh I do hope so. We need it a lot.

    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are cooler and hope you get some showers. Yep, we sure do miss all that have left this sphere.
      I am so glad she is working out better and better. I had to laugh when you said no one sees her but you.
      Bits will sit at the door and watch when I porch sit or have folks sitting there. He sits in the window all the time. But you let someone come up to the door, like they are coming in - and off he goes. He hides under my bed covers!! LOL
      Blackie could not care less.
      They are just so funny - I am so happy for you and Allie.

      Delete
  3. Summertime, it's what we live for all year long. 47F here this morning but warm and breezy now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mam, summer is the time I like best. Even the heat - sure beats snow and ice.

      Delete
  4. 10 years later and those pics still make me misty. Savor the good memories, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. Thank God for memories! What a gift that is.

      Delete
  5. You have very good memories of Glen and your fur babies. One of my kitties died about 38 years ago and I still have fond memories of her.

    This is a Very Good Day! Best we have had in a while. Doing laundry today and hopefully will work outside some. Still have some things to clean up in the garage. Also need to look up what to do with a kohlrabi. I think when we raised them years ago, I made a slaw-like salad. Have some patty pan squash to use also.

    That's great someone is taking care of the burned-out house. It will be interesting to watch what is going on.

    Enjoy this fabulous day! I'm off to work on my chore list. See you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, you can say that again. Lots and lots of good memories.
      It is really just perfect today. I was out for several hours and accomplished a lot - resting now. More tomorrow.
      I am glad too - hopefully some nice people will get to move in.
      Enjoy - don't work too hard.

      Delete
  6. I miss Joel so much. I think it is worse this second year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge hugs to you. I understand. It does get easier - but never ever goes away. Glad you keep so busy.

      Delete
    2. I think we expect absence to hurt year 1 and agree that year 2 is so much worse. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  7. Very warm here and that will continue for almost the whole week.

    You have wonderful memories of your Glen. I am glad that you can hold them close.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing that it is very warm so far north and much cooler here.
      I do, and they will last me all my life.

      Delete
  8. You brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my face talking about Glen and the kitties. Love the flower cat image! Just yesterday I was remembering all of my cats - 8 in the past 42 years - all gone to kitty heaven now. I may be getting another one, the circumstances of which I will explain more fully on Sunday.

    We enjoyed a couple of beautiful days this past week. Storms brought nearly an inch of badly needed rain, though they also tore some flashing away from the house. I'll be up on the roof fixing it today. Mowed and weed whacked Thursday for the first time since the cataract surgeries. Picked the first tomatoes a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the kitty picture was so pretty. I don't mean to make anyone sad - but many understand. I hope you can get a kitty - they are just so much company. They really do help.
      Glad you got some rain. You be careful gal getting on that roof. That is scary stuff.
      It sure feels good to get everything cleaned up and looking good. It was so hot and humid here for a while - not a lot got done. It looks so pretty now.
      Yay for you on tomatoes!!!! Lucky!

      Delete
  9. I cannot be around cats or people with cat hair on their clothing. Allergies, really bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know several people who are allergic. So happy that I am not- as they are such sweet joys.

      Delete