We have had a very wet January this year. I think they said the wettest in 15 years. Very little snow, but lots of rain.
It is hard to believe that this month is almost over. We have more daylight hours now. It doesn't get really dark until after 6PM now - instead of 5PM. Mornings have light before 8AM instead of about 8:30AM. Spring is only 50+ days away.
This past week:
- I did go to the feed store and got squirrel corn. Odd they had no bird seed or peanuts! None. Strange for a feed store - said it was due to holiday schedules. I have lots of other places I can get seed.
- My Blazer door was frozen the first of week. I finally got it open, then the mechanism wouldn't release to close the door. WD40 and a heavy duty screw driver and it was working again! When there is a will........
- I received a copy of Country Woman FREE in the mail. They are trying to lure me back
- Cleaned out the sock and undie drawer. Found new of both that I had forgotten about
- Threw out and set aside for donation a lot more than my 20 pcs. from the drawer cleanout and added some other items from around the house
- I did run out to find different treats and canned food that Lilly might like - to no avail. Not frugal - but it will be used by the others
- While out I stopped at Dollar General - as I had heard most had any leftover Christmas stuff for .25. I got 3 - 6 packs of 6.5" x 8.5" gift bags and cookie bags (6 bags) for .25 each pack.
- Tons of laundry
- All the normal stuff
- Friday got in upper 40's - so I turned off heat and aired the house for a while. - I know I am crazy. The kitties loved it though!
Meals last week:
Chicken stir fry over rice
Salsa chicken (from freezer) and cheese roll-up and carrots/dip
Small Mexican type pizza
Baked potato and salad
Nothing - Saturday
Last week sure didn't end the way I would have ever expected. The emergency vet was a God send for me. They were pricey, but that didn't matter. My poor baby. My heart just hurts.
Coogy keeps walking around looking. He sure is staying close to me - much more than usual.
How was your week? Did you stay on the frugal track? How is your 20 challenge going?
Give us a shout out.
Blessings to you all. May you and yours stay healthy and safe. Hug everyone and love them. Remember to enjoy the smaller things in life - because they are the big things!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours
My kitty loves