It has been another quiet week for me. I just don't have the get up and go I need to get a lot accomplished. Winter blahs? Holiday let down? Lonely? Feeling sorry? Probably all the above. I need to have a big talk with ME and get in gear. I hate just wasting time. Time is such a precious gift.
We have had above normal weather again most of the week. Friday and Saturday was rain and more rain and lots of wind. The back yard is a lake! Got up yesterday morning and it was 63* This morning it was 33* You just never know around here.
I looked out the other day at all the critters and it was so cool. There were 13 squirrels in my yard (that I saw) - not to mention what was next door. I counted 22 doves and 2 different types of woodpeckers, lots of cardinals, 4 blue jays, and all the other sweet little birds. It was surely amazing.
My quiet week:
- I met with my financial advisor
- Started a file folder with all income tax information
- I did run to the Post Office and mailed 3 parcels to various areas in the country and got a book of stamps
- Been working on organization of all the Christmas stuff (wrapping items) in basement storage
- Working on craft area - cleaning up and declutter
- Cooked up about a half pound of burger and used in 3 different dishes this week
- Made a batch of 'baked spaghetti' - used couple types of pasta instead of spaghetti and used a bunch of other goodies I had on hand. Turned out pretty tasty.
- NO grocery store - using what I have
- Been drinking tea, water and Kool-Aid
- Got to have heat off for 2 days again this week
- Still eating on Christmas goodies - candies and a few cookies. Also ate fruit, popcorn and apples w/peanut butter for snacks. Had cheese slices and beef stick with crackers a time or two as well.
- Made plans (in my head) for a couple of sewing projects to do this week - small projects to maybe get me motivated
- Basic tidy up and all normal things
Meals this past week:
Leftover soup/stew (froze balance)
Poor man's Swiss steak and mashed potatoes (used homemade soup in this)
Baked fish and a small potato and home canned coleslaw
Baked spaghetti and garlic toast (old buns) 2 X - (froze balance)
Homemade fried rice
Enchilada skillet dinner and served with soft tortillas
There you have it - QUIET! Just me and the kitties hanging out!
How was your week? Did you get any good deals? Are you doing well on no spend January?
I continue to keep our Australian friends and their country in my prayers. May the Lord bring them lots of rain and douse the fires. Such a sad situation.
There is a lot of bad weather around much of our country this week and earthquakes in Puerto Rico. Please stay safe everyone and my prayers for all.
I pray for you all that you are well and safe. Stay safe in this coming week and stay frugal my friends. Blessings to you all from my humble little home to yours.