Every single year is special and wonderful - but maybe if we get the opportunity to experience a double digit year - we should do something special or different! What do you think?
I think we should make this year of 20. Maybe pick something and try to reach doing it 20 times over the year. This could be fun. It could make us reach new goals. Do new things. Do old things we haven't done in ages. Do fun things. Do learning things. Do healthy things. On and on.
Here are a few ideas. I am going to try and work on a few of these for my year. I may not make it to 20 on each, but I will be better for trying.
- Read 20 books
- Save an extra $20 each week or each month (whatever you can afford)
- Lose 20 lbs.
- Take 20 walks in nature
- Write 20 letters or send 20 cards (snail mail)
- Discard 20 things a week or 20 a month. I can probably do this each week easily.
- Quit following 20 people that just bring you down
- Do 20 random acts of kindness
- Try 20 new foods
- ENJOY 20 sunrises and sunsets - make a point of experiencing them
- Add 20 EXTRA items to your deep pantry every month
- Connect with 20 people from your past
- Try 20 new recipes
- Experience 20 new things - step outside your comfort zone
- Do/finish 20 crafty projects
- Try 20 new things that could improve your health (vitamins, herbs, organics, getting outside, walking, more fresh air, stop bad habits, etc.)
- Decrease your grocery bill by $20 a week/month
- Spend 20 less hours a week sitting around - get active
- Donate $20 a month to some special cause
- Volunteer 20 hours a week/month/year - whatever you can do
- Plant 20 different flowers or veggies or fruits this year
- Help with neighborhood or community clean-up 20 times this year
I think you get the point. There are no limits to things we can accomplish by just trying to reach 20 during the year. Set your goals for a time period that works for you - it can be weekly, monthly or yearly goals.
Like I said above - IF we don't get to 20 of whatever we choose to do - we have still improved our lives and probably someone else's!! That is huge.
We are so perfectly imperfect - that ALL small changes matter.
Here we come 2020 - let's experience things like we never have before.