We had a lovely week of weather this past week - more fall like temps. Cooler (70's) and lower humidity. We did get rain a couple times. It was wonderful.
This coming week it sounds like summer is returning. Highs in the 80's (not bad) but humidity comes back. Looks like several rain chances this coming week as well.
My neighbors (who had the doggy) got a new puppy. I was surprised they did so, as quickly as they did. I guess the guy was having a hard time adjusting! It is so cute - it's about 4 months old and it will get big. But he is pretty mellow for a puppy and just as cute as can be. I think it is part Lab and part Blue Heeler (?). Bandit is his name.
We had a bit of excitement (I could do without) in the neighborhood on Monday morning. There was what looked like a bazillion police cars on the street when I got up! I guess there was a Federal drug raid on a house about 4 doors down!!!!! There were supposedly 30 raids around the city that morning all before dawn. They arrested 2 people (one pregnant) and spent hours and hours at the house. I guess you just never know what goes on behind closed doors!!! So glad they shut it down - don't need that in our quiet neighborhood. No one had a clue about drugs being there. Scary.
My Surprise Lilies (naked ladies) popped up and started blooming this week. I just love them. The bulbs for them are far older than me. They came from my parent's home -as did most of my pretties. I have two big bunches of them that are blooming now.
- Had company come and visit on Sunday - we set outside on the porch and had a lovely visit.
- I got to spend a lot of time in the yard this week. Mowed and trimmed. Trimmed all the bushes and the berry patch. Got the garden pretty much weed free!!!!!! YAY! It always looks extra pretty for a day or two after - then it all starts growing again!
- I have been picking tomatoes and a few more cucumbers (tiny). There has to be hundreds of cherry tomatoes hanging out there!
- Did a lot of porch sitting this week - had the kitties join me a few times!!
- Ran to the library to return and got 2 cookbooks to read (like I have none!!) LOL
- I did a stock-up run this week. Checked out the dollar tree (didn't get much there) except my shampoo - enough for well over a year. I also went to a smaller independent store and did well. Got hair color, more TP (done for a while), dry bleach, olives, cider vinegar, instant coffee, toilet bowl cleaner, cat food (dry and wet), and litter.
- Didn't need any regular groceries this week
- Had a squirrel corn feeder come down this week. I went out and put it back up and shored up the other two. All nice and sturdy again. Fat little buggers!!!
- Made and canned salsa! My first of the season. I plan on doing more this week
Always looks just so pretty to me. A start to homemade holiday gifts!!!!!
Take a gander at these Roma tomatoes! Most of them are this big. It fills my hand. They sure are nice.
Meals this past week:
Fried 'zoodles' with sauce, tomatoes and cucumber slices
Ramen noodles with veggie soup (freezer) added
Tortilla chips and cheese dip and sliced tomatoes (I was tired)
Tomato and bologna sandwich - a summer favorite
Beef and bean tostadas
Red beans/rice, chicken tenders and sliced tomatoes
How was your week? Are you adding to your pantries? Are you canning/freezing/dehydrating anything?
Let us know what is going on in your life.
No matter how the days go, no matter what the news says, no matter - REMEMBER - the sun will rise tomorrow, the birds will be singing and the butterflies flying, children will be laughing and there is good in every day. Make the best of what you are given.
Stay safe, stay well, stay happy and stay frugal.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.