This week we had to have some work done on the Blazer - cheap it was not, but considering we don't have a car payment, didn't have to charge the work done, and the Blazer is basically a great vehicle, I consider it pretty frugal. It's over and done - so good to go - at least for that issue!
My shin is still hurting - but not swelled any more. The groundhog is still here. He seems to like my broccoli plants - ugh! I have the trap set, just no luck yet.
- I bought 20 pounds of peaches for .57/lb. this week. Put up 13 quarts of yumminess for this winter. That is half the going rate around here. Will definitely do it again, if I get the opportunity.
- I bought 6 boneless chuck roasts for 2.99/lb. Fantastic price here - haven't seen that price in years.
- Got to line dry a couple loads of laundry this week.
- Inventoried both the upright freezer and the chest freezer. Everything is inventoried, organized neatly by product, and it's all written down! I found many items that I had forgotten about - I will be trying to use those up soon.
- Saved .30 a gallon on gas this week with my Kroger discount. Most of my points were from double point days and free survey points. The gas will last me a month.
- All meals from home and from scratch.
- Been picking lots of fresh veggies this week. Had fresh veggies at every meal.
- Only had to water the pots 1X this week and used rain water.
Have a great and wonderful week!