First I would like to take moment to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers this week. It meant so much during this very sad family time.
This coming week (Wed. and Thurs.) will be sad days as well - but the family will be together, and we will share our love and our stories.
Again THANK YOU all so much.
I did not get to my Christmas jars this week. I have time. Did you realize that Christmas is 6 WEEKS from today? EEK!
It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away, and then a few short weeks later is Christmas.
Our gardening season is officially over. We finally had frost earlier in the week, then a hard freeze both Friday and Saturday nights. We are having much cooler days and cold nights. It does seem more fall like. However I do hate the fact that it is getting dark so early - but as Ellen reminded us, in a little over a month, the days will be getting longer again!
My frugal week;
- I got the raspberry plants all cleaned out and cut back, as well as the grape vines
- Mowed (probably last time this year) and did a lot of yard work
- Picked 2 zucchini and the balance of the green tomatoes
- Cut G's and my hair
- Spent much of Friday getting together pictures for my nieces to use in video at funeral home. I am the keeper of all things family. It was sad, but neat looking back at all the pics!
- Pulled out all the garden plants
- Made a 4 day supply of steel cut oats with cranberries and pecans added. It's time for some hardier breakfast foods again.
- Bought milk at the store and that is it! No grocery shopping again!
- Returned all books to the library
Homemade chicken and noodle soup
Thickened chicken and noodles and mashed potatoes
Homemade fried fish sandwiches and stuffed jalapenos from freezer
Homemade Mexican beef and pasta skillet
Biscuits and gravy
Homemade Mexican crunch wraps (oh so good)
Crunch wraps - tostada shell set in large tortilla - smothered in stuffing and cheese - tortilla wrapped up around and toasted in quesadilla maker = YUM
Despite having a sad week - we have also been blessed in many ways. We have tremendous love in our family. We woke each morning to a new day, we have our health, we have a roof over our heads and food on our table, and we have our sweet fur babies to cuddle. God is good all the time - and we know sorrow is part of life.
What did you do frugal this week? Are you getting ready for the upcoming holidays?
God bless you each and every one. Thank you for visiting, and I pray you each have a wonderful week.