We are still up and down with the weather. March definitely came in like a Lion - so here's hoping for a good ending! Sun is shining today, skies are blue and temps should get in the 50's. All is good!
We had to make an unexpected visit to the Vet this week with indoor boy Coogy. Friday I noticed he was trying and trying to potty and couldn't. Spit up a little and just kept pacing the house. Being gun shy now, I called the Vet and they got me right in. He is fine! He had obviously been constipated, and the Vet said it sometimes happens just like with people.
LESSON LEARNED: Place kitty in carrier and drive around a little first - it literally 'scared the poo right out of him'!!!! LOL
Un-frugal was spending $50 - BUT we had a weekend of peace of mind! And we found out he a healthy kitty in every way! So it was worth the unexpected bill.
My frugal week:
- Ran to the library and got some new books to read. Very informative.
- Had Subway sandwiches for dinner one night. Had $6 foot longs till end of February and we used GCs. Extended the use of cards with sale price - FREE is good!!!
- Been doing LOTS of spring cleaning. Bedroom closet and all drawers in bedroom. Bathroom storage and medicine cabinet. Hallway closet. Can not believe all the stuff I found that we had forgotten about!!!! (WILL DO a BLOG on non-consumerism this week and will explain)
- Had to break down and buy a new wiper blade for the passenger side of Blazer. Got a deal at $10.50 and they put it on for me. It sure feels better being able to see out both sides clearly!
- Mailed 2 cards this week from cards I have on hand. (I buy at yard sales and thrift stores)
- Stopped at a different Kroger (I was in the area) and found a 10 pack of Ivory soap for 2.99 on clearance. (Rumor has it they are going to stop producing). I also got 2 pork cube steaks on clearance for the freezer.
- Mailed in a rebate form for Menard's. $5.49 - it's still money back!
- Signed in for extra Kroger reward points
- Bought a McD hamburger ($1) while out this week - I was starving. Did survey on receipt and got a code for a FREE quarter pounder with cheese! Cool - thanks for the heads up Ellen!!!
- Made hard boiled eggs for quick meals and for topping salads
- Stopped at Aldi for eggs and found a Crofton water filter pitcher on clearance (with filter) get this - for .99!!!!!!!!!!! They filter is worth more than that - and my Brita filters I have on hand are the same filters! WOOHOO. Wish they would have had more than one left - I would have bought them all for gifts.
Meals this week:
Homemade ham/cheese hot pockets and salad
Homemade French bread pizza (bread from freezer)
Homemade chicken noodle soup/with veggies added - 2X
Jalapeno/cheese smoked sausage sandwiches and chili/cheese dip with tostados
Mac N Cheese with jalapeno sausages added and side salad
All in all we had a very good week. G's home visit doctor came by and did a check-up and all is well.
I plan on continuing in my spring cleaning efforts this coming week - oh there is so much to get rid of!!!!
I have bags I am readying for the church thrift store.
What have you all been doing? Any fun things happening in your neck of the woods?
Give us a shout out.
May you all be blessed in this coming week.
Have a great week my friends!