We have had quite a whirlwind week of weather. Started with snow and frigid, sub-zero temps and has ended with upper 40's and rain. We went from a frozen tundra to a mess of mud. Most of the snow is gone and we are having a bit of rain today. Amazingly the forecast for the next 7 days has no frigid weather predicted. The worst listed is the 30's. I can surely deal with that.
Each day and week we escape sub-zero, is one closer to Spring!!!
I finally got the Blazer all thawed out on Thursday. It was a solid chunk of ice!!!! I didn't even attempt to clean it off earlier in the week, as it was just too cold.
I go out every morning before dawn to feed the outdoor kitties, and I hear all the birds already singing! It just reminds me of Spring. I love it.
The days are gradually getting longer hours of daylight, which is lovely.
The kitties are loving the warmer weather. Yesterday Momma and Fluffy were both out in garden chairs basking in the sunlight!
My frugal week:
- I got a lot of much needed paperwork accomplished
- I used ALL leftovers in new dishes
- I found and rounded up 3 partial bags of ice melt to use on the walks and drive (had been stuck back in the basement last year)
- Reconditioned and polished the kitchen cabinets
- Cut G's and my hair
- Salvaged an 18 oz. candle jar (with lid) to use for storage
- Colored my hair with supplies on hand
- I finally got out Friday (over a week at home) and ran to Kroger. I got lettuce for.99, a bag of bell peppers and one of onions for .99 each, and a gallon of milk for 1.39.
- My Kroger deals this week were 8 packets of 3 each - of yeast for .25 each (dated 9/2019). And 4 marked down packs of meat. 2 packs of beef cubed steaks and 2 packets of thinly sliced uncured ham for sandwiches. YAY!
- Have gotten to actually turn the heat off during the day the past couple days! Sunshine has been keeping the house warm enough!
- Just doing all my normal stuff
Meals this past week:
Spicy mac n cheese, fried kraut with beef hotdogs
Calzones (or hot pockets - whatever you want to call them - used up leftovers)
Mushroom/pepper creamy chicken over rice
Baked 'pizza' spaghetti
Cubed steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy, asparagus
Cheesy beef & potato bake
Beef, bean & cheese nachos
All leftovers used for lunches
How was your week? Did you get any great deals? Create any lovely items? What ways did you save?
Let us know what is going on in your area.
May your upcoming week be blessed beyond measure. Health and happiness to you all.