We have had a roller coaster weather week again. We have had freezing rain and ice and warm days and sunshine. We even had a bit of lightening and thunder this week. It sounds like this up and down weather pattern is to continue for a while.
That is fine with me, as each of those warmer days, just knocks off one frigid one and puts us closer to Spring! Daylight hours are increasing, which always helps with my winter moods!
It has been pretty quiet around here. I have been trying to stay home as much as possible due to the flu threat in our area. So many have been affected. I figure the closer to home I stay the better!
My fugal week:
- I received a FREE Reminisce magazine. It was a complimentary copy - they are trying to entice me back!
- Got to turn the heat off for 2 days (daytime) and aired out the house
- Made hard boiled eggs for quick breakfasts or snacks
- Made a gallon of OJ from concentrate
- I did go out one day, and did a major cat food stock-up (dry and canned). Meijer had a great sale. I also bought an 8 pc. box of fried chicken marked down to 3.49! That lasted for dinner, lunch and breakfast!
- NO other grocery shopping this week
- Used an Outback gift card and got a great dinner for us both (parts of 2 dinners actually)
- Watched several movies and shows on Netflix and listened to some 'new' music on You Tube.
- Did a lot of cleaning and de-cluttering in the kitchen and the office/cat room. Rearranging makes things look so fresh!
- Doing all my usual things
Meals this past week:
Open faced Sloppy (Mex.) Joe sandwiches, fried green tomatoes and fried dill pickles
Ham slices (from freezer), oven baked fries and side salad
Homemade Patty Melts and chips
Leftovers from Outback night along with steak from freezer
Fried chicken and slaw
Salsa meatballs over rice and jalapeno/cheese poppers
What have you done to stay on the frugal train this week? Have you added anything to your long term pantry?
I sure hope everyone is staying healthy.
May your coming week be blessed beyond measure. Please stay safe and healthy my friends.
Best wishes from our humble home to yours!