Summer is "officially" here. I could have told the powers that be that!!! LOL
It actually wasn't as hot as predicted this week, but it was extremely humid. Awfully humid! I can take the heat - just leave out that humidity. We had rain many days as well. That was needed though.
Next week the hot, hot temps are supposed to return.
The garden is growing great. It seems that things get bigger every day. I swear I think if you sat still long enough, you could see it grow!
My allergies have been raging! Thank goodness for allergy pills! The pollen count has been incredibly high.
My frugal week:
- Sharpened all my kitchen knives. I promptly cut my thumb (happens every time)!
- Picked lettuce
- Went to the closing day of the Food Co-op. We were one of the founding members and investors in it many years ago. It was started in a food dessert - but it just didn't work. Too expensive for such a low income neighborhood. I purchased several bulk spices, herb teas, my aloe soap (I am good for ages), pure sorghum ( for us & gift baskets), a gallon of Bragg's amino acids (taste like soy sauce except all natural - dated 2021) and 2 huge bunches of organic celery (for dehydrating). Several pantry holes filled now.
- Mowed grass in between rains
- Took advantage Saturday of low humidity to get a lot of gardening done. The fence row behind the garden has many flowers - but weeds had taken over with all the heat and rain. It is all clean now!!!! I got sprinkled on a few times - but it did feel good. Spent most of the day working outside!
- Ran to Kroger on Friday. I got 5 -8 oz. packs of cheese on 2 day special of .99 ea.. 6 grapefruit and 6 lemons in .99 bags. Got a few peaches at .69/lb. - wanted to see if they were good enough for canning. I think I will wait for local orchard peaches. Bananas - .39/lb. Haven't been that cheap in years.
- Did a LOT of de-cluttering. Got rid of lots of odds and ends that I have been hanging on to - for WHAT? No idea - why I keep some things! LOL
- We were 'gifted' a camera. It is a smaller camera and works great. Will be perfect for those 'on the go' kind of pictures for me - instead of taking my big one!
- Actually turned the AC off for parts of a few days this week - then humidity got the best of me!
Meals this week:
Hobo packet dinners - (meatballs, potatoes, carrots, onions)
French bread pizza
Tuna salad served on bed of lettuce and crackers
Cold cut sandwiches and chips
Philly beef & cheese skillet dinner over rice
Not a lot going on. Kind of quiet - just me and the yard becoming one! My muscles sure can tell.
What has been going on in your life? How are those gardens doing? Any great frugal finds?
Let us know.
May you and your family be blessed with health and happiness in the coming week. Those of you in the U.S. stay cool!!!!!
Blessings from our humble home to yours.