It appears that we will end this month with some below average temperatures! It has been cooler for a couple days and will stay so, through about Wednesday. We also have a chance of rain or storms for the next few days.
Cooler weather always gets me more motivated to do things. It seems a lot has been accomplished over the past few days. I had a little help here and there, but things are getting done. G got out in the garage and worked on some projects as well.
My frugal week:
- Well, our truck is gone!!!! No more plate renewals and no more insurance payments. A savings of about $500 a year. NO we didn't end up selling it. We gave it to our young neighbors. They have a small baby, and only have one vehicle - so it helps them greatly. She now can have a vehicle for any emergencies or errands, and he has one for work. Their happiness was all the payment we needed!
- I got a FREE 20 lb. bag of bird seed with my punch card at the feed store this week.
- Picked about 21 pounds of produce from the garden.
- Froze more okra for winter use
- Used the crockpot this week
- Made a nice big bowl of broccoli salad
- Ran to the Super Kroger this week (have only been there a time or two). Went to get G new socks (I can't believe we had no packages put back!). I did get a 25% price reduction on socks - and I also bought 2 cantaloupes in the .99 bags. That was it.
- Bought gas - needed less than a half tank. Used last months points (mainly bonus points) and got .30/gallon off
- Our friend helped me put up a new security light on the garage. We have had the light for ages - I just needed a little help with it. DONE
- Power washed the back of the house, the whole garage, the shed, and all the metal furniture and brick on patio area. It looks fantastic!!!!!! The back of the garage was in desperate need of cleaning and it looks brand new now!
- Worked on cleaning out some spent flowers from one flower garden
- Our groceries came from the garden and pantry - extras brought up for long term pantry.
Meals this past week:
Steak burger over rice, cooked kale and sliced tomatoes
Smoked spicy sausage and cabbage and mashed potatoes
Ground sausage and garden veggie stir fry & side salad
Crockpot beef fillets/potato/carrot/onion
Hotdogs and broccoli salad
Tuna salad sandwiches, sliced tomatoes and broccoli salad
That's it! Some of the jobs were very tiring, but I do feel accomplished this week. It is nice to get some of our big projects done. It seems there is always something that needs done.
Work is never done!
How was your week? How are the gardens doing? Any canning yet?
Did you get any frugal deals this week?
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. Prayers for health and safety for you all.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.