I hope all that had to, got their clocks set back. I hate this so much. I don't feel drained in the fall, like I do in the spring - but it gets dark so much earlier. This is not my favorite thing.
The color of the trees have finally started changing a lot - although many are now on the ground! We had rain, rain and more rain this week. We also had wind, wind and MORE wind. If it wasn't so chilly I would think we are having spring storms.
I know that November is considered one of the cloudiest months and we are seeing it. Yesterday was gorgeous, so a little reprieve.
This week my computer decided to totally ignore Internet connection. We had connection, G was using it, but my computer said NO! G's uncle - who is a major computer tech, came and worked on computer for 6 hours!!!! No go. We had to save info and take computer back to day 1 of 6 years ago. What a pain. It took another 4 hours after uncle left. Now my computer is like a new one!!!!
I guess I might not buy a new one for a while now.
My frugal week:
- Cut G's and my hair
- Received a coupon for a FREE full size item from Bath & Body Works (going next week)
- Made black raspberry jelly from berries in the freezer
- Computer completely restored and updated - cost - 1 jar of jelly! (Would take nothing else)
- Put 3 bags of spicy beans/rice in freezer for future Mexican meals
- Received a Martha Stewart Living magazine in the mail. I did not order - so not sure why! Enjoying reading it.
- Put away any Halloween looking décor and just left out fall decorations
- I went out on Nov. 1 to hunt for markdown candy - NONE TO BE FOUND! 2 Kroger stores said they ordered less, so as not to 'lose' money on it after Halloween. Wal-Mart - removed candy from shelves at midnight and by the time I got to store at noon, the Christmas candy display was already complete!!! CRAZY!
- I did get milk and a few odds and ends at Kroger. Found markdown heirloom cherry tomatoes for .50 a pack. Gal was tossing into a trash can and I asked what they heck she was doing. She said they were dated and they said trash them. The date was Nov. 1. I saved all from the shelf - she wouldn't let me take the ones she had trashed. They were perfect and taste just like fresh!!! I shared some with our neighbor.
- I also got blocks of cheese at Kroger for 2.99 pound! That is super cheap in our area. I bought 8 pounds - which should last the winter. I am thinking about going back for more. We love and use a lot of cheese (especially on holiday snack plates).
Meals this past week:
Homemade beef and bean burritos, chips and salsa
Pizza bites - chips, salsa and cheese dip
Burgers and fries
Chicken and wild rice soup and biscuits
Dirty rice with ground sausage, leftover biscuits and side salad
Poor man's Swiss steak and mashed potatoes and salad
French bread pizza (from clearance bread in freezer)
We had approximately 50 - 60 kids show up on Halloween - that is the smallest amount of kids ever in 32 years! About 7:00 PM it started pouring rain, so poor kids didn't have a chance! I do have plenty of candy left, but sure thought I would find some bargains on it to last the year. Guess it was not meant to be. We'll see what happens after Christmas!
This next week, I really need to get more fall cleaning done. I also have some errands to run in the next town south of us (about 20 minutes away.) I like combining all errands into one trip to save gas.
I still need to make more jelly from frozen fruit.
How was your week? Any deals this week? Staying frugal?
Anyone getting ready for the holidays?
May you and yours have a great week. Praying that everyone stays good, kind and happy.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.