Oh my, how did this happen so quickly?
Good morning all. It has been a quiet week here for the most part.
It was quite the weather week. We had the full circle of weather. We had rain, ice, snow, storms, sun, clouds, fog and warmth. I guess Mother nature just could not make up her mind!
My frugal week:
- Last Sunday the coffee pot (wasn't that old) quit. I could care less, but G likes coffee each day. I made a run to Shopper's World to see if I could find something. They had a smaller one (all we need) on sale through that day for 6.99 (reg. 14.99). They had 2 left and I bought them both! I am prepared!!!
- Ran next door to that store to the Dollar Tree and got a few stuffers for the kids goody bags.
- Ordered 3 additional gifts (additional to goody baskets) on sale from WM and no shipping. I figure staying home and not being in the stores IS frugal for me!
- Our bank called as they were having an audit. G hadn't signed in to safety deposit box in years, and they needed a new signature card from him. I explained that we have no way to get him there (being disabled), and bless their hearts - they sent a representative to our house! I thought that was amazing.
- I just keep finding more areas and things to clean - I have been on a roll!
- I got to pick up Pooty's cremains on Friday, so she is back home.
- While out I stopped and filled gas tank for month. Used points (saved .30/gal.) and purchased gas for 1.89/gallon!!! Haven't seen it that cheap in ages!
- I stopped at Aldi and bought a Christmas gift. They had a toy that I wanted for gr. gr. nephew on sale.
- Been watching lots of baking/cooking shows on the Food channel
- Washed down bathroom walls - readying it for painting!
- Meals at home. Making tea at home. Doing all the normal things.
Meals this past week:
Ground steak with onions, mac n cheese and leftover green bean casserole
Loaded baked potatoes
Stuffed pepper skillet
Pancakes and sausage
Cheesy loaded potato soup (from freezer)
Hobo dinners (sausage, pots, carrots, onions)
Turkey/noodles and stuffing
Starting this week, I will be doing some extra posts. They will be quite simple. It may be a picture I have taken or one that I have saved. It may be a recipe. It may be a funny, a memory, advice, or a thought provoker. I just want to start something a little different during the winter.
Comments welcome - but not necessary. I hope you ENJOY!
How was your week? Are you ready for the holiday? Have you started cookie/candy making yet?
Give us a shout and let us know what you have been up too.
I look forward to hearing fro each of you.
May the Lord keep you wrapped in His loving and protective arms. Prayers for any of my readers that live in Alaska (hope you are safe.) Also any Australian ladies that live in the fire areas - prayers for your safety. Health and happiness and security to you all.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.