This past week was quite busy on our home front. We have had or been to 2 different holiday get togethers. We have had company twice. I baked and made candy. I finished up the small odds and ends for gifting. This old gal is pooped!!!!!! It is a good pooped though!
I slept better last night than I have in ages!
We have had 40's just about all week - then it starting getting colder Friday. We had rain as well - but we did manage to have 4 - 5 days with sunshine! WONDERFUL! NO chance of a white Christmas here.
The daylight hours will start getting longer again, for that I am thankful!
Did anyone see that glorious full moon on Saturday night? It was so pretty.
Last Sunday was a nice meal with my brother and sister (thanks to my sister). We had a wonderful time telling stories of old!
Yesterday the kids (my niece and 2 nephews) and their families were here. What a wonderful time that was. I love when they all come up and spend time. It doesn't happen often.
My niece became a Grammy this week! My gr.gr. nephew Maverick Neal was born 2 weeks earlier than predicted. Oh he is such a little angel face. We are all in love.
I have one more visit to make for a short while on Christmas day - then we are done with the holiday events.
My frugal week:
- We got some lovely gifts from brother and sister. GC from Kroger, home canned goods and cash.
A big Aldi reusable bag full of home canned items! YUM
- My sister gave me back a quilt I made for her years ago. She no longer has a bed it fits. Gosh it is probably 25 years old. It needs a few repairs - then I think I will use it. (I have been wanting new bedding!)
- Made candy and cookies from items from the pantry
'Mounds' cookies - Oh my goodness - so gooey and good and so easy to make.
Fruit/nut bark and 'sort of ' turtles. Just a couple things I remembered to take pictures of.
- Sis sent home leftovers from Sunday dinner - I used them and reinvented one for Monday's dinner
- Finished up the small items I needed to get for gifts
- Our menu buffet on Saturday was all from items that we had here at home. Didn't need to buy anything at all.
- NO grocery shopping this week
- We got so many lovely items from the kids. I can't begin to mention them all - but a few were 2 handmade super sturdy squirrel feeders (mine is so old), a huge candle (the likes I have never seen before) A beautiful new cutting board, and food, food and more food items. There are tons of snack items and fancy pastas, oils, vinegars and mixes - oh my. We have been blessed beyond measure!!!!!!
6 b. sloppy Joes
BBQ meatballs and little weenies
Beef stick and various cheeses sliced
Dip and chips
Lots of sweets
We always have lots of finger foods and easy stuff and folks can eat whenever they feel the desire.
Last weeks meals:
Dinner at sis's
Leftover roast, carrots and made potato cakes with leftover mashed potatoes (all from sis)
Leftover goulash and green beans
Buffet foods leftover
I hope you are all winding down on cooking and baking. I pray you all have your shopping done.
I LOVE the holidays, but will be glad when it is all done. I am ready to just get back to 'normal', I am looking forward to 2019!
I will not post another blog until Wednesday, however I will be answering any comments.
I wish each and everyone a happy winter solstice, and a very Merry Christmas.
May you and your families make memories to last for years to come, may you each enjoy your family and friends, and may you all stay safe and healthy.
HUGE blessings from our humble home to yours.