Another week gone by - my mercy.
Woke to a damp (not rain), cloudy and super foggy morning. There is a chill in the air and it sure looks like fall.
We have had a perfectly lovely week weather wise. On Monday morning I actually did turn on the furnace for one cycle - it was pretty darn chilly. It was 38* outside. Two days later I turned on the AC late one afternoon for one cycle to cool off things. That is it.
Windows open, ceiling fans on - just lovely.
I have so many very small and young squirrels and they play like crazy. Running and chasing each other. The outdoor kitties are getting all frisky and playful in this weather as well. It is funny, they chase leaves, each other and the squirrels. They don't try to catch the squirrels - the just play around.
The grass is brown, still no rain. I can see colors on the horizon however. The trees are changing and there is such pretty colors.
This week was pretty quiet again -
- Chunked the bottom of a wonderful candle to use as melts. The candle is pretty done as far as burning, but the smell is wonderful - so I am not wasting the remainder
- Got to air the house a lot!
- Made 12 pints and 2 - 1/2 pints of enchilada sauce and canned. Most will be used for holiday gift baskets.
- Renewed library books online
- Kroger had Fugi and Gala apples on sale 5 lbs. for 2.99 - that is .60 a pound!!!! Super cheap here. I got some of both - sooooooo yummy I also got more cat litter while at Kroger (for stock)
- Stopped at CVS and got a battery I needed on the way home
- I fixed my key fob for the Blazer!!!! It quit working a few weeks back. I got to wondering about a battery - yes it has one. I mean the silly thing is 18 years old, and I have never changed the battery! Replaced it and it still didn't work. Well at this point the fob is useless - so I took the little computer board out and saw that the little gold colored strips (connections) were black. I took a soft cloth and rubbed them clean - put it all back together - and WAHLA it works!!!! Yep that saved me about $85 for a replacement
- I did a big financial overview this week - spent a day just going over everything. Need to do that once in a while
- Did more cleaning and de-cluttering - never ending battle!
- Cleaned all the wood floors
- Doing all the normal stuff - cooking at home, getting resourceful and experimental with food, lights out most of the time, drinking water and juice, taking my vitamins and herbs (got to stay healthy), reading, porch sitting, etc.
- Did a little more yard clean-up
Meals this past week:
Seasoned Rice a Roni (home mix), chicken strips and sliced tomatoes
Can of Progressive Santa Fe chicken soup with added leftover rice
Tuna patty, mac n cheese with peas and sliced tomatoes
Homemade Club sandwich and an apple
Home version of Big Mac and fries
Poor man Philly beef and cheese sandwich (ground beef) and baked beans
Eating apples, crackers and cheese, popcorn for snacks
How was your week? Are you enjoying good weather? Are you doing any more canning or preserving? What kinds of deals have you found lately?
I pray for all those involved in the fire areas and those in line of the hurricanes. So much devastation.
I hope you and yours are well, safe and healthy and free from harm.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
When I am afraid, I put my trust in thee.