Happy Sunday everyone. It is a gloomy and wet morning here. Rain and more rain - I sure wish I could send some of it to you who need it so badly. We have a chance of rain for every single day this coming week. Temps here have cooled a bit, which is lovely, it is just muggy feeling. I feel so sorry for those living out West where the temps are so incredibly dangerous. Please take care.
The week started with the 4th of July and it was horrible here. That night was like being in the epicenter of a war zone for hours on end. It didn't stop until 1AM. I was totally surrounded with idiots who had let loose of too many of their dollars!!!!! UGH! (I can't begin to describe the noise)
Thursday we had a major downpour and storms. Friday cooled so much and was just perfect. I got a lot done outside and was so tired at the end of the day. I sat out on the porch at the end of the day and watched others sitting out, the littles across the street being so sweet, listened to birds and had a kitty at my feet. It was a perfect end to a busy day. More rain came in yesterday and it rained during the entire overnight.
I got proficient with my ladder this week!!! A couple big outdoor jobs checked off the list. Boy did I use muscle I had forgotten about!!!!
- Pruned the lower limbs of my big old trees (over 50+ years old). Got the limbs that were hanging over the roof and gutter, over the greenhouse, over the power lines and just general trimming. The limbs are all out back to dry for burning at a later date
- I used the air fryer again this week. Slowly learning
- I cleaned up leaves 2X this week. Raked once and blew them once. It looks so nice when they are clean. Doesn't last long - but it looks nice!
- I did a small repair on a pair of jeans. I managed a super glue spot about the size of a thumbprint on them and it discolored. Didn't come out after washing. I used a dark blue permanent marker (which turned kind of purple blue) and then used a gray marker. You can NOT see the spot at all now!!!!!
- I am HARVESTING!!!!! I got 9 zucchini this week and several peppers. I have a pepper called Holy Mole' - supposed to be milder than jalapeno but the same flavor. Holy Mole' were they wrong - it was hot! LOL That is OK - I 'll use them.
- I did make a grocery run finally. Not much - mainly fresh stuff. Did get a good deal on cat litter - 20 lb. bags for 2.99 - got the last 2 on the shelves. Found purple cauliflower in .99 bin. Got 2 cantaloupes 2/$5. So super sweet and juicy. One is already gone!!!
- I cleaned the gutters and the downspouts on Friday. I noticed on Thursday's rain they looked full! Gutters were messy, especially out back - but the downspouts had gotten plugged up. Took them apart and cleaned out. All clean and ready for more rain! That was quite a tiring job!
- Cut more basil
- Just doing all the normal stuff. Cooking from home, using leftovers, basic cleaning, drinking tea and water, laundry in cold and used dehumidifier water in laundry.
Meals this past week:
Various fish, chicken and potato bites (in air fryer) and salad - (all cut in pieces and breaded)
Broccoli/rice/cheese and salad
Club sandwich and chips
Zucchini/pepper/chicken/pasta mix up - (pasta from freezer)
Hard shell tacos
Sauteed zucchini with leftover taco meat and salsa added (so good)
Pasta and veggie salad (mainly veggies)
OJ and cantaloupe for fruit this week.
How was your week? Are your gardens producing? SO many yummies to be had now - whether home grown or farm markets! Any good bargains this week?
I wish you all a safe and healthy week. Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love be servants to one another.
Lord help us be good neighbors and love others with our whole hearts. Prayers for peace and kindness in the world. May all people love one another and have peace. AMEN