Happy Sunday everyone. My goodness, this is the last Sunday of the month. This year is going so quickly. I hope this finds you all well and safe.
It is getting hot again! We had a brief respite from the heat and now it is coming back for most of the coming week. Humidity is what makes it feel so nasty out. Hey, on a side note about the heat - 5 months from today is Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
I hope all those in fire areas, flood areas and drought areas get relief. Stay SAFE!
We had a dry week this week. We needed that after the rain of the past week. I have sure enjoyed the big old moon a couple nights this week. I wish I had tried to take a picture. Huge, and full and orange! I think the color might have something to do with the smoke in the atmosphere - but it sure was beautiful.
Captured and removed groundhog number 6 of the summer. UGH. This is just crazy for the suburbs/city.
Yesterday the generator came on - we had a power outage for some reason. It only lasted about a half hour and wouldn't have been a big deal - but it sure is comforting to know that it works and would when it really counts.
Spent a long while cleaning up comments on here - so many Spam and stupid posts. I don't know if you all see ALL of them or not - but I apologize for the nuisance. I know it happens else where, but it is aggravating. I wish people had better things to do - if is amazing to think that they actually think they are going to get business from these obnoxious ads. SMH
- After we dried out - I got to mow and do a good trim. Everything sure looked nice afterward
- I went with my brother and sil to my gr. nieces on Sunday for a first birthday party! It was great to see them all - hadn't seen them since Christmas. Got caught up on lot's of baby hugs and kisses - one was 1 and one is 2! Had a nice meal of a taco bar as well
- Been harvesting more garden goodies. Zucchini coming out my ears!!! I love it - sure could have worse problems
- Trimmed the back yard bushes
- Dropped off library book at the outside drop off when in area
- Been pulling weeds and dead headed a lot of flowers. The lilies sure looked haggard after blooming - and I got those all cleaned out
- Cooked up a couple pounds of bacon to have on hand for various meals
- Just doing all the normal stuff - cooking at home, laundry in cold, changed out bedding, drinking water and tea, etc.
- Finally had to water containers this week and used my rain water
- Other than my one shopping day outing - I stayed home
- I did make a grocery run. I went to Kroger for fresh goodies (got very little). Did find a couple deals. I got 3 packs of 4 ea. of beef burgers for 1.99 pack. That is .50 per meal for meat = 12 meals!! I also got 2 family size boxes of Frosted Flakes (best by end of 2022) for 1.99 ea. I don't eat breakfast - but it will be good for future snacks! Donut holes for .99. Also bought a few cherries to munch on for fruit snack.
Meals this past week:
Taco bar at nieces
Burger with zucchini/onion/salsa/cheese
Smoked sausage - chopped potatoes - kraut (home canned) mixed together
Pizza style zucchini boats
Dbl. burger, baked beans and salad
Fried green tomatoes and fried okra (oh yum - it was so GOOD)
Snacks - cherries, donut holes and nacho chips w/melted cheese
So how was your week? How are those gardens doing? Any canning or preserving yet? No canning here yet - plan on working on zucchini this week to freeze and maybe dehydrate.
Did you get any good deals this week?
Look forward to hearing from you all!
Hope you all have a wonderful week and stay safe and healthy.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.