Happy Sunday to all! I hope this finds everyone safe, healthy and happy.
We have finally had the rain stop!!!! Oh my, did we have rain and more rain. Everyday this past week. I had a lake out back for over 2 days. It really took a while to recede as the ground was so saturated. This morning there are just lots of dead worms laying about and it smells very 'wormy'!!! Is that a word? LOL
I sure wish we could have sent that rain else where. SOOOOOO many need it.
This was a family week for me. Sometimes I go weeks without seeing or hearing from anyone other than neighbors - this week was an exception. I went to sis's for dinner one evening and brother/sil were there too. A niece I hadn't seen in about 5 years was there as well. In town from Arkansas. Later in week I saw another niece I had seen since Glen's funeral (2 1/2 yrs.). She was in town and came by for a visit. I went to lunch with Glen's aunt & uncle (hadn't seen in a year) and G's nephew came by Saturday for a visit. We always have great talks.
Today I am going with bro/sil to another nieces house for a family get together with her growing family.
I am not feeding birds like normal - but have so many showing up. Birds that never even came before. The squirrels are a blast to watch - they love to play. Had 4 young racoons the other night - boy those things can run fast. They were chasing each other and playing. Stayed for just a few minutes and left - nothing to see here kids!!!!!!
- Cut and colored hair at home
- No need to water anything this week. Barrels are full and still haven't used hose for plants
- Picking lots of goodies - zucchini, peppers, cukes, and onion
- I got a new cell phone at no cost. They are upgrading the system and sent me a new one - a SMART flip-phone! Who knew? I will not use it for anything other than a phone - but it does stuff!!
- Renewed library book online until I get back to library
- I did drop off paid bills at P.O. and I bought 100 Forever stamps before they go up in price
- Sis sent me home with leftovers. I got spaghetti, sauce & meatballs I froze for another dinner. Extra meatballs I used this week. Garlic bread I used. Brownies - you know I ate those!!!!
- My printer/scanner seems to have finally bit the dust. I have been able to fix in the past - but I think it died this time. I have options at library and a shop down the street and my neighbor has one - so I have time to look around and decide. Lucky to have options in case.
- I did a feed store run after I met aunt & uncle. Stocked up.
- NO grocery store
- Eating from garden and home - just doing all the normal stuff
- NO yard work this week - too wet. I sure can't wait to get out there tomorrow - it needs help!!!
Meals this past week:
Tuna patty, leftover pasta/veg salad corn on cob
Dinner at sis's
Meatball & cheese 'sub' - using hotdog buns from frig
Burger on garlic bread (instead of bun) and salad
Ate out with aunt & uncle (Taco Bell)
Fried zucchini strips and cheesy mashed potatoes
Cheesy potato cakes and salad (used leftover mashed pots)
Ate brownies, fruit for snacks
How has your week been? How are those gardens doing? Anyone get any good deals this week? Inquiring minds want to know!!! LOL
I sure hope all are well. Praying for rain for the dry and scorched areas. Those in fire areas - prayers for safety. Flooding, drought, fires, hunger....... so much going on in the world. Please keep all in your prayers.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life, he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst."
Lord, we pray for all the people of the world and for their safety. Help us each to be better humans, each and every day. Thank you for our many blessings - big and small. Thank you for each new day. We are blessed indeed.