Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Posies, Patient and Peppers

 Today is just one of those days.  Not sure what to write about - so many things going on.  I was undecided, so decided to give a brief tour and a find!

Flowers are really popping open all around.  I have decided that I will not being doing as many annual flowers this year.  Just don't have it in me to do so many baskets and pots.  I will have a few - but not nearly as many.  My perennials are giving so much at the moment.  It is just lovely.

The roses are starting.  This is the oldest plant here.  It was here when we moved in 36 years ago and was well established.  It is so fragrant.
The clematis is blooming.  It changes colors every couple years.  Always surprises me when it blooms.
These started popping open yesterday.  Oh, I love peonies.  That smell!!!!!!!
Yeah, my tulip tree is starting to be messy.  Just finished with the whirly-gigs on the maple and now the flowers are dropping from the tulip.  They are pretty but messy.

Last evening there was a young couple walking down the alley.  They stopped behind my yard and just looked and looked.  The poppies are still blooming, the peonies are starting, everything is green and mowed.  The grape arbor is leafing out and full.  It looked pretty out there. There are not many people around here who have flowers in their backyards.  None as far as I can see from my yard.  (nor gardens)!  

Fluffy, my little patient.  She isn't happy being 'jailed'.  I am going to have to let her free here soon.  She is eating and drinking and doing her doody - she needs to get out and socialize and get some exercise!

I stopped to get some special treats at Kroger yesterday - for Fluff.  I walked through produce and saw these peppers on clearance.  Notice the ad!  .99 each - SALE this last week.  I got 2 bags of 3 for .99/bag!!!   That is a real WOO-HOO
Look at the size of these things.  They are huge.  I will be chopping more for the freezer.  They will sure be good in meals this coming winter.
Need to get those deals when you see them!  This is just another example that shows it always pays to keep your eyes open to options!

Just a look at this little spot in my world.  It is all those little things that excite me and make me happy!
Have a wonderful day.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday, Cheryl. Thank you for the tour! Your flowers are beautiful! We had old roses, peonies and poppies when we were in Ohio. Love the purple clematis and that it gives you different colors every year.

    I'm so glad Fluffy is doing better. Had to laugh at that expression! Have a blessed day. --Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - she aint happy. Today not eating as much - I had to introduce a new med last night - and I am not doing that again. It seems to have affected adversely. I will stay with my other treatment that was working.
      I just love all the colors out there. It really is pretty.

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous! I need to cut some iris later to bring in the house. The trailer park has something social each month, and this month's thing was giving away market-paks of flowers. I picked up some purple petunias that will nicely offset my marigolds and zinnias. My beets and spinach are up, just in time for 90+F on Friday and Saturday. I'll have to shade them and the peas. The dixie cup cloches on the peas are working well. Nobody has nibbled since I installed them.

    Fluffy looks like she is thinking, "just wait until I grow opposable thumbs and take over the world..." Charley gets that look occasionally.

    Those peppers were a good find. We got a bag of 6 large peppers in yesterday's food box. Husband has some sliced pepper in his salad every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My neighbor across the street has beautiful iris. They are always pretty. Nice to have gotten some free flowers. Glad your things are growing.
      LOL - that is funny - she was thinking something - probably best I don't know!!!!
      Have you ever sliced pepper (in rings) and cooked an egg in them? They are good that way.

      Delete
  3. Those tulip poplars sure do make a mess. We can't see the flowers on the ones here at home but at the lake we are near the tops of the trees on our high deck and we can enjoy them if we happen to be there at the right time. Great deal on those peppers! We are just back from grabbing the deals this morning. We got 20 cans of Luck's beans for 50 cents! I did not think we would see that price again any time soon. Also cage free eggs were 1.98 a dozen and I had $1 coupons so they were .98! Glad your Fluffy is coming along so well. Annuals are expensive this year so I am downsizing on them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are messy. It is nice shade - but everything about that tree is messy.
      Great deals. .50 a can is fantastic and what a deal on eggs!
      Grab 'em when you can!!!!!
      She is doing better - not happy - but she needs to rest.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful plantings! I keep an eye out on the clearance rack at one of my local neighborhood stores for good deals on items that can be frozen, like peppers, onions, etc., or things that I can quickly use -- if I have to make some breads for a bake sale, they'll have ripe bananas; wedges of lettuce or cabbage, where they've cut off some leaves and the head is smaller; very ripe zucchini; assorted peppers that maybe are starting to show wilting ... Gotta buy it when there's a good price, if I'm going to immediately use or will have time to prep for the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes mam - when you see something that is a good price - GET IT! There are so many things that we can use later - that can be frozen or canned. Any deal is a blessing now.

      Delete
  5. Months ago I bought a "gift card" for my local grocery so I could buy cat food if it is available even when I haven't the money. Yesterday they had *one* pack of 32 cans, and it came home with me.

    Today I learned that those cloth home-made covid masks (that they now say aren't any good) are just fine in the garden against all that pollen. Question: why did it take me two years to figure that out??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a smart idea on the GC. I can always find the super expensive food and many treats - but my regular stuff is what I have a hard time finding. I get it and bunch when I see it!

      Well, duh - I never thought about the masks for pollen either. Our counts are pretty high right now and sneezing takes over. Good idea. Thanks

      Delete
  6. Debby in Kansas USAMay 18, 2022 at 2:27 PM

    Ohhh, I've seen that look on a cat before and that's not a happy face!!

    Is that a magenta clematis? It's pretty! Ours is a lavendery white color. My peony is exploding and smells yummy!
    My "peaceable kingdom" is not behaving today. A long tailed grackle was just dive bombing a squirrel. The robins are chasing each other around in territorial disputes, and one of the mourning dove babies is a bully and mama keeps sitting between them! My husband just keeps saying, "That's right, reason with them!" when I tell them to behave and be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - she aint a happy kitty!
      Itis magenta this year - last year it was a lilac color! It is magic.
      The critters can be entertaining and they do not listen to the rules! My neighbor says the same stuff to me, He says I try to put my feelings and thoughts on them. Well yeah! They have feelings - don't tell me they don't. I get you.

      Delete
  7. Kitty looks very put out! That is a good deal on peppers. FLowers are outrageous this year. I am going to grow my own next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a little put out for sure!
      I can't believe how expensive plants are this year. My shop grows their own in their greenhouses - so I didn't figure the price would be that bad. NUTS!!!!!

      Delete
  8. Your cat like red peppers? I decided I need to wear the masks for pollen, too. I loved my grape arbor! Your flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kitty doesn't like peppers! LOL
      It can't hurt the way the pollen counts are. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Your yard is so pretty. I love the color of your clematis. Mine is a real light pink. Hopefully the peppers I have planted will produce and I can freeze some. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you here. It has been a while!!!
      Thank you. I bet pink is pretty. I hope you have good luck with garden items!!!! Stop by more often!!!!

      Delete