Happy Sunday to all. Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there - whether you are a mommy to a two legged or 4 legged baby!!!! I hope you all enjoy your special day.
I have never understood this day - EVERY DAY should be a special day for moms. We love them, we have hurt them, we laugh with them, we appreciate them, and many of us MISS them!!!!!!
We have had a range of weather again this week. Lots of rain, wind, cool and then back to warmer days. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day - something which hasn't been seen much lately. I heard this week that we have had only 9 days rain free since April 1.
This coming week is supposed to be in the 80's each day and dry!! Straight to summer!
- Loads of laundry
- Made a batch of biscuits
- Found a box of ice cream treats in the back of freezer - YUM
- Cut chives and froze
- Cut and dried mint
- Got to looking closely at my bank statement - noticed that I got my Fed. tax refund 8 days after filing my taxes!!!!! Unheard of!
- Mowed and trimmed the entire yard
- Trimmed all the bushes
- I have spent every dry moment trimming, pulling, cutting and weeding everything I could - sure is a lot to do
- Paid everything I had on hand and mailed a birthday card (from my stock)
- I got a call one day from a friend that WM family market had a good stock of canned cat food. I ran down there (5 minutes away) and yes, they did. Got items I haven't been finding lately
- No grocery shopping again this week
- Doing all the normal things we all do
Meals this past week:
Leftovers from visit at sis's house
Cheesy broccoli soup (freezer)
Mixed greens/ham (freezer) and fried potatoes
Dirty rice stovetop quiche (rice from freezer)
Tamales over rice and fresh veggies
Biscuits and gravy
Mashed potatoes and ham sandwich
SNACKS: fruit, ice cream bars, and Ramen soup (yes I did!)
How was your week? Are you doing any gardening yet? I will probably start in a week or so (just waiting to make sure this weather sticks). Did you get any deals or bargains?
Give us a shout out. We all kind of live through each other! Love getting ideas from you all.
It has been great this week to see so many new people posting!!! WELCOME
Blessings to you all from my humble little home!
The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know thy name put their trust in thee, for thou, O Lord, hast not forsaken those who seek thee.
Lord, in these hard times, we often forget that You are in control, and that we must have complete and total faith in Your will. We may not understand, but we do know that whether here on earth or in heaven we will be with You. Thank You for loving us.