What a whirlwind week. It seemed I spent much of it playing nursemaid! That's OK - it all worked out.
I hope you are all well and safe on this Sunday.
It is a cloudy and damp morning - supposedly clearing later today. It has cooled a lot as well. We had some very hot days this past week. Rain, yep more of that. I guess some areas in my state had horrible weather yesterday and maybe even a tornado. It wasn't all that far away. Thankfully, I just had some rain. It looks like this next week will be nicer temps - and not so hot.
Flowers are all blooming, grass is green, and birdies are all chirping and happy. I still do not have the garden in!!! Hoping that all happens before the sun sets tomorrow!
I do love this time of the year!
Fluff is FREE now and out of jail. She is a much happier kitty! I have my sweet kitty family all back together. She is feeling so much better and back to normal. Blackie has a cold, so I am doctoring him too! I use liquid children's Benadryl. It is always something!!!!!!!
- Of course the emergency vet was not a frugal thing. That is ok - that is why I try to save. When emergencies happen, they can be taken care of.
- I got to mow and trim
- Made a run out to get special 'soft' treats for Fluff. I showed you the peppers I got cheaply - I didn't show everything. I got a head of cauliflower in the .99 clearance. Got a tub of red leaf lettuce on clearance 1.49. I also got a large veggie party platter marked down to 3.49! It had broccoli, cherry toms, baby carrots, sugar snap peas and peppers. 6 cans of Blue cat food on clearance - I have never bought that before. I also bought myself 2 hanging baskets while at Kroger
- I ran the route while out - did a bank run and got my cash for the entire summer
- Stopped at Ollie's as well. They had an ad a couple weeks ago - with sale prices on indoor paint. I stopped and found a paint/primer mix just the right color for an accent wall in my living room for 14.99!
- Stopped at the garden/feed store and got a few garden plants. Got some more corn for the squirrels
- Topped off the gas tank (only needed 1/4 tank) -trying to keep it full
- I sliced, bagged and froze the sausage I bought last week
- I repacked the veggie tray items. Lots of goodies. Been eating the sugar snap peas like candy!!! Man, I love those things
- Using leftovers in new ways - nothing going to waste
- Used up crumbs from the bottom of a bag of cheesy tortilla chips as a binder when making tuna patties
- Picked many bouquets - the house sells so pretty!
- Pulled weeds - as time and temps allowed. They are easy to pull with the ground wet!
- Put together a refill on shampoo and one of dish soap (watered down/& vinegar)
- Just doing all the normal stuff we all do
Meals this past week:
Fish sandwich and fresh veggies
Egg sandwich and fresh salad
Baked potato topped with leftover enchilada filling
Chopped steak burger with peppers and mushrooms over rice
Tuna patty, leftover rice with broccoli and cheese added
SNACKS - lots of fruit and fresh veggies w/dip, yogurt
How was your week? Any deals? Gardening? What is going on in your neck of the woods?
I hope this finds everyone well and I wish a wonderful week ahead.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let all men know your forbearance. The Lord is at hand. Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.