Happy May everyone. Happy May Day! I remember as a child making paper woven baskets and picking wild violets and dandelions and leaving them on the door for Mom. Supposedly she wouldn't know who left them. LOL
I hope this find you all well and safe.
Here we are at the beginning of a new month - hopefully I will get some planting done this month. MAYBE the weather will get and stay warm!
Things are growing. I have no idea what this plant is - it gets frail little stalks of blue flowers. It was a gift from a friend's yard. Mint is coming up like crazy and the chives are going to be cut today. The perennial bed is just growing like crazy.
Wednesday we didn't have rain and it was a nice day - boy were the mowers humming! The whole neighborhood seemed to be out and mowing. It sure smelled good! Fresh mown grass is one of my favorite scents.
- Found some chicken breast in freezer I had forgotten. It had a bit of freezer burn, so I cut that off and added all kinds of goodies to make a batch of Mexican chicken. I even used the crockpot!!! It made 3 meals this week and two more for the freezer
- Mowed and trimmed the entire yard.
- Ran out and had to get gas for the mower. It will last all summer
- While out I stopped in Kroger and got myself a new Kroger card. Mine is so old that I can not use it to get digital coupons. So now I am signed up, and should be able to get some nice deals once in a while! YAY - no groceries bought this week.
- Got to air the house on several days and have the heat down or off
- I did a bit of yard work other than mowing. Pulled, trimmed and cut back a lot of stuff
- Saturday got to have a sibling lunch finally!!!!! We even exchanged Christmas!!!! LOL. It took a while, but we got there.
- Got lots of home canned goods and a couple grocery GC's. Sis made us a great meal.
- I got sent home with leftovers - so another meal will be had.
- Just doing all the normal things we all do
Meals this past week:
Tuna salad sandwich and fresh veggies
Mex. chicken over rice
Cabbage and smoked sausage
Stuffed pepper skillet
Dinner at sis's
How was your week? Any good deals? Any gardening or yard work getting done?
We sure had some great conversation this week. You guys are the best. Love how everyone jumps in and adds ideas and thoughts.
I hope you upcoming week is wonderful. May you all stay safe and healthy.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation.
Thank you Lord for all the blessings we receive each and every day. Help us to acknowledge even the smallest things as blessings. We know that You protect us and keep us in Your safe and loving arms. For that we sing praises. AMEN