Happy Sunday to you all. Happy official fall!!!! Seems like we just said happy spring!
It is still pretty green here on the trees. Our peak season for fall foliage is generally around mid-October. It is pretty darn dry - so that may affect the pretty colors this year. I have had the usual leaves fall - but that has more to do with the tree than fall.
I have been seeing a little bunny around for most of the week. Oh goodness it is sweet. I walk out front to fill the feeder the other day and looked down the road (about 4 houses) and there was a chicken roaming around the front yard! Only chickens I know are behind me a house or 2 down the alley - and it is surrounded by a tall fence. I had to chuckle.
I have seen tons of preying mantis, grasshoppers and butterflies lately.
The last rain we got was a couple of showers last Sunday and that has been it.
It looks like this week will be nice with highs around 80* all week, possibly some rain mid-week.
You know those sayings - when it rains it pours and one thing leads to another! Well, that sums my week!!! LOL
- I finally decided on blinds for the dbl. window in the living room. I decided to get 2 instead of one. Easier to replace if needed. I went out and got them. I also found 2 unfinished birdhouses while out - for my gr.gr. nephew for Christmas. He loves crafts - so I will get paint too.
- I ran to the local family-owned hardware while out - got some spackling compound. I always enjoy talking with the guy there - just friendly and knowledgeable.
- Mowed the entire yard for the first time in 2 weeks - only certain places looked kind of bad - but it all got done (it looks so nice right after mowing)
- Did a bunch of pulling and weeding on the big bed - it is a mess! (heat & dry have taken a toll)
- Pulled pounds more tomatoes - not huge ones, but still good
- Watered pots and plants with rain barrel water
- Pulled out ground pork from freezer. Made up several breaded pork burgers and fried. Several in freezer for future use.
- Got the blinds up and installed
- Putting up blinds - met with repainting all that trim around those windows. Then cleaning out the window wells - oh the dust and crud. Then washing those windows - inside and out. Then changing out from the curtains to lace valances (I had). It looks lovely - brighter. The climbing, reaching and bending sure does get to an old body!!!!!!
- I then decided to change valances in bedroom. I needed 2 tension rods for those. I had one the right size and 2 that were too short. Well, I was dirty and tired and didn't want to go out - so I took apart one little rod and added a piece to the other and made one that fits! I used some clear packing tape to adhere the extra piece and it can't be seen and it works perfectly! I love the look of the new (I had) valances in there.
- I called one day to get the Internet upgraded. Got a letter that stated it would not be useful after Nov. 3 - so I had to upgrade (to fiber optics). I called and they said they would be here next day! WHAT? That was fast. Well, things needed moved and cleaned. TV cabinet got moved and cleaned behind and under (where equip. is) - oh my gosh! I could have made a whole bunch of rabbits with the huge dust bunnies! Well, I got all new from the pole in the alley to the house and new equipment - which meant he had to go into spaces (in basement) no man has gone in years!!!!!!!! Oh good golly, I was embarrassed. The stuff, the dust, the spider webs - ICK! So lots of moving and assisting him on my part. It is done - I was mortified and now I have NEW incentive to clean out that darn basement!!!!!!!!! IT IS HAPPENING THIS TIME!!!!!!!
- Did lots of laundry and mopped the floors
- NO grocery this week
- AC has been off biggest part of the week
Meals this past week:
Loaded baked potato
Chicken strips, lima beans and salad
Tamales over rice
Grilled cheese and salad
Breaded pork burger and salad
Cold cut sandwich and salad
BLT and side of scrambled eggs
What a week. My poor back feels it. I don't think I have reached, climbed and moved that much in a long while!!!! I survived - got new incentives - have new things to look at - and I will keep moving forward.
How was your week? What has everyone been up to? Any deals? How about the gardens? Are they still producing? Do you have lovely fall weather yet? This year is sure flying - another week or so and it will be October!!!!! Three months till Christmas! YIKES
I hope this finds each of you well and safe and healthy. I look forward to hearing from you all.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all.
Dear Lord, Help us each to be better citizens of this earth and to be kinder and more mindful of our thoughts and actions. We pray for peace amongst all beings of the earth. Amen