What a beautiful day we have. Yesterday got to 72* and not a cloud in the sky! Today not as warm (50's) - but sunny at the moment. Geesh - maybe traces of snow by midweek!
The nice thing about these warm days - is that it is just one more day closer to spring and one less freezing cold day.
Heck on Monday past - we were shoveling snow and by weeks end it was 72. Crazy stuff.
I spent a lot of time this week doing errands for and helping out the in-laws. I did find a couple bargains when out shopping for my mother-in-law. I had no intentions of shopping for myself again this week - but bargains to help stock up my pantry are just no brainers.
- I colored my hair with supplies I had on hand - and only used 1/2 the box
- Shoveled snow - FREE exercise
- I did find cans of sliced black olives (dated 9/2019) on clearance for .59 can. I got 24
- I found 1 lb. bags of roasted/sea salt peanuts on clearance for 1.49 ea. I got 5 (all they had)
- I also stopped at Dollar Tree and bought 8 shelf stable whole milk ($1 ea.) for our pantry, dated 6/2017
- We did eat Subway one evening FREE with a gift card
- All other meals from scratch and from home
- I got to save .20/gal. on purchasing gas
- Heat off a couple days and got to air out the house with doors open. No heat most day hours - using the sun to warm the house.
- I made hard boiled eggs and a 4 day batch of steel cut oats to add to breakfast menu for G
So as you can see - nothing much exciting happening here! That is fine with me, as excitement and drama usually means something bad!!!! I love my quiet boring life.
How has your past week been? Did you get any bargains? Save in any new ways? Let us know. I like to consider this a "learning" blog for ALL of us - so new ideas are loved.
May the Lord be with you and protect you in this coming week.
Thanks for stopping by.