I hope this finds you all well.
We have had a few decently warm days this week. Today will be the last, getting to 50*. This coming week will be much colder with chances of snow. We have been so very lucky this winter. Spring will be here in a few short weeks, and we haven't even had much winter here.
I stood out in the yard this week, trying to determine what changes I want to make this year with garden, how I want to change up the container garden, and determining what I want to plant. Can you tell I am ready? I even bought a few seeds last Sunday.
It really seemed like another quiet week, but when I looked at my list, I did have a productively frugal week.
- Went to Menards last Sunday and bought finch food. Paid $1/lb. for it. That was much cheaper than I used to get at the feed and seed. I got a 25 lb. bag and I am re-packaging in old milk jugs for easy handling.
- We received a $40 refund check from car insurance for some reason. I WILL TAKE IT!!!!
- I received a FREE 'Taste of Home' magazine - with a greatly discounted invoice trying to entice me to subscribe. I won't. I have already found 2 recipes in it, that I want to try with things I have here at home.
- I ran to Kroger to look at clearance. I got 2 apple wedge cutters and 2 sets of 3 pastry cutters for my gift box. Each were $1 and they are great quality.
- I also got 6 cans of Hunts diced tomatoes and 1 of sauce all for $3.50. I also got 2 tubes of decorator icing (orange) for .10/each and a 5 oz. container of holiday cookie sprinkles for .25.
- I stopped at 2 thrift stores this week. I went up the road to the church thrift store and got 2 sweatshirts for .99 each (ALL clothes are .99 - no matter what). I also got a FREE package of sesame hamburger buns and a FREE 8 pack of Entenmann's mixed donuts (5.49 value). This store gets 2 deliveries a week of bread/baked goods. They always give it out free - as they aren't licensed to sell food.
- At GW I got a t-shirt (brand new) and a cute kitchen sign (new) for my gift box. I also got 2 quilted bed pillow shams, that I will re-fashion into something else. Spent $3
- Meals from home and from scratch.
- Been doing a lot of reading and learning this week from library books
- Getting lots of ideas from Pinterest for this summer
I also got out all the ingredients to make a dump cake today. Cherry pie filling (from a sale), faux crushed pineapple (I canned), and a .59 box of clearance cake mix. Not bad for a dessert that will last a few days.
So the week turned out pretty good. I got a total of 5 new gift items for my gift box. Got some 'new to me' clothes, some discounted/free groceries, an unexpected refund check, a free magazine, and some good old book learning!
I have so many projects I need and want to do - it just seems I am in a wintertime funk and can't motivate. I truly need to get my bum in gear!!!!!
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? What all did you accomplish on the 'frugal' front?
I so love reading everyone's comments, and love seeing new names.
May the Lord bless you in this coming week and keep you safe and healthy.