Oh what a beautiful morning we have here today! It is supposed to get to the 60's and be very windy - but it is gorgeous right now. One day less for winter weather!!!!
Here we are at the end of another month. Oh, we do get an extra day - but no one seems to notice.
This past week I made a Sam's run. That only happens 1X - 2X a YEAR! I stock up well on certain items, then I'm good. I only buy certain things there, as many items I can get cheaper else where. Bigger is NOT always better or CHEAPER!
I like to buy spices I use a lot there (big bottles), outdoor (large) trash bags, peroxide 2 packs (cheaper than dollar stores), OTC meds (Pepto this time), and stevia (cheaper than reg. store).
The big trash bags I bought will last me about 2 years (I keep them in the garage). Most items I buy last a good year if not longer, depending on usage.
Oh, I also bought 8 lbs. of faux crab meat (won't pay the price for real), and divided it into 8 packs for the freezer. That will last all year for salads.
- We ordered a $250 WalMart gift card with all our points we had from a charge card. It took a long time to gain the points - but it was worth the wait.
- My big find at Sam's - I got 4 bags (24 oz. each - big bags!) of French's Dried Onions on clearance for 2.91 each! That's a hugs savings from the store - G loves these things. They are dated 12/2017
- I stopped by Kroger to check out clearance and found Domino 4 lb. bags of sugar for $1 each. I didn't really need - but I bought more for stock. Sugar doesn't go bad, even if hard. I use only in the summer (canning and hummies) and holidays.
- Made all meals from scratch
- I find some great produce bags (picture) in my kitchen drawer I cleaned out. I have NO idea where I got them, or when I got them - but I will be using them for sure.
- Of course all my normal stuff, laundry in cold, filtering water, making tea, daytime heating from passive solar, fresh air for house when we can, etc.
- Threw all crushed egg shells and coffee grounds from the week directly into garden bed
These are the bags I found in the drawer. I laid the newspaper next to them to show size. I will be keeping with my re-usable grocery bags for the store and using these for produce. Saves on waste - how green! I have 4 of these.
Made chili this week, and then used leftover chili in a tater-tot casserole. Had a big breakfast meal one night, had baked potato night, and finished up all leftovers along with salads.
I have been working hard on reducing trash. I have been really concentrating on repurposing and recycling all that can be.
I have also decided that I will be adding something to my pantry stock every week. This girl wants to be prepared if/when things get worse in the country.
Again, not an exciting week - but a good one! I am anticipating the day I can get outside and work in the dirt! I have been thinking on and planning new things for the garden this year.
We have had an abundant amount of limbs and sticks fall this winter due to high winds. I will be utilizing all those bigger limbs as teepee poles or braces for vining plants. I have a huge pile of them outside.
I look forward to hearing from you all.
I hope and pray that each of you have a safe and healthy week ahead. God be with you and protect you.