I hope this finds you well and I hope you had a good week.
Did those of you that need to - remember to change your clocks? UGH - how I hate that. I know there is a "good" reason for it - but it seems silly to me. Most everyone in the U.S. changes their clocks and are all still the same amount of time apart in different time zones. Seems silly to me. I wish we we'd leave the spring change alone - and let it be.
I just hate all the darkness we experience at early hours in the fall/winter.
OK - end rant!!!!! LOL
Well, my long time next door neighbors are gone now. I delivered their kitty to them this week to their new house. (I had a carrier - they didn't).
A dear sweet older guy that lives behind us (other side of alley) moved this week as well! I will miss him - he was such a sweet gentle man. Taking care of a yard and the snow in winter, has gotten to be too much for him.
Have I ever mentioned - I HATE CHANGE!!!!
We have had traditional fall weather this week. Nice, sunny days and chilly nights. Leaves are changing and falling!
I have laundry going this morning. Chicken legs are boiling in a pot of water. YES all that talk about noodles this week, made me hungry for them!!! LOL. Will have yummy stock, and will pick chicken off the bones and make chicken and noodles this afternoon. YUM! Going out to mow the yard today. Hmmmm - I wonder if it will be the last time this season?
My frugal week:
- Picked a couple zucchini and some more green tomatoes (smaller) and more cherry toms
- I got a FREE plastic table that the neighbors were trashing. It will work well, to cover feed blocks for animals this winter (from the weather).
- Got one rain barrel emptied and put away for the winter
- Hoses all drained and put up
- Did a TON of yard work this week FREE exercise. Still a lot to do before the snow flies.
- Line dried laundry
- No AC and heat only a couple cycles on a couple mornings
- My HUGE FRUGAL - stayed out of grocery stores this week!!! Using the pantry and freezers only
- I did run by Ollie's after looking at their ad. Decided to NOT buy anything I had seen in ad. I did buy a 2.99 Gooseberry Patch cookbook of simple recipes for a male friend of ours who is learning to cook. He will get it for Christmas! (Book was regularly 15.99) I love the book prices at Ollie's!!!!!!!!
- Found some change laying in the parking lot. Picked it up and in my change jar it went!
- Been working on de-cluttering a lot. Going through magazines and books. Have MANY to donate
- Finalized my ideas for "jar recipes" for gifts. Will be starting those this week
- Froze the last of the Mexican chicken to use at a later date
Mexican chicken over rice
Enchiladas (made with Mex. chicken)
Leftover enchiladas served over pasta cooked in salsa
Chicken strips, Au-gratin potatoes, sliced tomatoes
Pork chops, mixed greens, baked beans
Thick cut fried potatoes, burgers, baked beans
Homemade pork/veggie lo-mein
What has everyone been up to? What did you do FRUGAL this week?
Check in and let us know how you are.
I pray you all have a safe, healthy, and frugal week.
REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!!!!!