I will be putting together additional gift baskets and getting the few gifts that need wrapped all wrapped up. Baking will take place off and on. I am not going to stress about it, or go over board.
We had a cold week, and now the weather is warming. It seems we will be above normal for at least the next 7 days. It doesn't look like a good possibility of having a white Christmas here. I am fine with that, but I know others like it. I just want it to be decent for all the travelers.
Yesterday was my sibling Christmas get together. That is always nice, because we sit and talk about the 'good old days' a lot. I love sharing stories, and learn something new every time. Everyone was much older than I, so they have stories prior to me! Precious times and memories.
My frugal week:
- Made a feed store run. I am good well into January, maybe February.
- Used brown paper and bubble pack (came in last weeks delivery) when packing the goodie bags for brother and sister. There were lots of jars in them.
- Gave myself a lovely spa night.
- Made my first batch of Springerle cookies and 6 mini loaves of banana/strawberry nut bread for gift baskets
- Got my cards all mailed
- All baking was from supplies on hand, as will be the baking I do this week. No need to purchase anything.
- Made a dozen hard boiled eggs
- Ran to Kroger to get bread and milk. Found a few markdowns and a few closeouts. Manager Markdowns are items they have an overstock of. Closeouts are items they won't be supplying any more.
- I got packages of faux crab legs on markdown - we use in pasta salad, and as an add-in on those rare seafood dinners. They were marked down to 2.49/lb. Regular 4.99/lb.
- I also got several full size cans of Pringles for........drum roll please.........35 cents a can!!!!! DEAL OF THE YEAR!!!!! The store won't be carrying these flavors any more. We tasted both types and they are good. I got some for us and for basket stuffers!
- All meals and drinks from home
- Sister sent leftovers home yesterday, so we have extra for lunches
- I received a surprise box of goodies and pretties from a friend in the mail. What a lovely surprise.
- At the sibling get together we received 2 - $25 GC's, home canned goods in a re-usable grocery bag, and a huge box of Russell Stover chocolates. YUM
Leftover split pea soup
Tuna patties, tangy mac n cheese and salad
Beef and bean nachos
Leftovers and fried b/s chicken thighs
Fish sticks, oven potato wedges and side salad
Cajon rice with sausage and salad
Dinner from sisters
How was your week? Are you ready for Christmas?
Did you get any deals to add to your pantries?
Here we are a week until Christmas and two weeks before entering into a new year. This is still hard for me to believe. It seems just like the other day that we were saying this in 2016.
The hands of time sure do go quickly as we get older!!!
I pray you all have a safe and lovely week.
Blessings to you all. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His loving embrace.