I don't want anyone taking any unnecessary chances - so it may wait another week.
It will happen when it's supposed to - no big deal.
I hope you all had a lovely holiday with your families and friends. We had a nice weekend, although it was pretty quiet. Watched lots of classic holiday movies and ate!!!!! I did go see some family for a couple hours on Christmas day.
We ended up having a white Christmas after all. Amazing. We got about an inch of snow on Christmas Eve. The news said it was the first white Christmas since 2010!!!! WOW.
It got cold as well! Todays high is going to a whopping 14*. Brrrrrrrr.
My frugal week last week:
- Cut G's and my hair
- Colored my hair (got holiday ready!) with supplies on hand. 2nd color from one box and I have another session left in the box!
- Filled up all the wild critter food bins from supplies on hand
- Made rice krispy bars
- Got all my wrapping finished
- Did a lot of small jobs and chores inside and out. It was warmer the first part of week, so accomplished a lot of little projects
- Bought $25 worth of groceries from WM with a GC we received. Got a couple things we wouldn't normally buy - and I also got our shrimp for NY eve dinner!
- Cleaned out the oven - oh my! I do it by hand - not auto clean. I about killed myself and my kitty years ago using self-clean. Won't do that again in the winter!
- Cleaned out and re-arranged the refrigerator freezer
- Stopped at the Christian thrift store (across from WM). Bought nothing - but they had lots of goodies dropped off by a local grocer. I got 2 - 12 oz. bags of romaine lettuce hearts and a doz. seedless tangerines.
- Got the new 2018 wall calendar all marked up with special dates and ready to hang
- Started working on cleaning up my computer files - that will be an on going project!!
Sausage, eggs, toast and leftover cheesy potatoes
Chef salad topped with chicken
Burgers and ravioli
Meat/cheese & crackers - dip and chips
Cheesy chicken and potato casserole (2 X)
Goulash and salad
Menu from Christmas Eve on will be listed on Dec. 31 post
I hope to get the upstairs pantry straightened back up this week. Those gremlins have played havoc in there again!! What a mess.
I also plan on doing some more baking.
I will also be cutting the Christmas cards received this year into gift tags for next year.
It will probably be pretty quiet around here. Don't need to go buy anything and no place I need to be other than my warm, cozy home!
Did you get any deals last week? Did you stock up on anything in those last minute sales?
How is the weather in your neck of the woods?
Take care and stay warm. Blessings from our home to yours.
See you Thursday!