Are you ready?
We have had 'great' weather this past week, especially for this time of the year. We have been above normal temps and have had lots of sun. Such a mood enhancer! It looks like the temps will hold on through tomorrow, then start dropping. By mid week we are to get hit by a winter blast that will hang around for a while.
A bright spot in my thinking: less than three weeks till winter solstice - then the days actually start getting longer again! December 21st is the shortest day of the year in this hemisphere.
I have pretty much finished my shopping. I still have homemade items to work on and wrapping, but I do believe that I am done with stores. I do need to make a bank run for those monetary gifts - but that is it.
Click on picture to enlarge.
My frugal week:
- I used the last of the Thanksgiving food (that wasn't frozen) in new ways.
- Froze lots of ham and turkey for later use
- Got to work in the yard. Raked and mulched the last of the leaves. My garden should be happy next year. Lots of FREE exercise!
- Actually got to turn off the heat and air out the house a couple days.
- Met with our insurance broker for 2018 health coverage. I managed to get the same rate as last year, with a teeny tiny improvement in coverage. I still don't like the options we have, but this is more for catastrophic events in my opinion. I am very lucky to have no medical problems.
- I used a $5/$25 coupon at Sav-a Lot before it expired. Got the balance of items needed for jar recipes.
- I received another $5/$25 coupon for above store, good until end of December!
- Ran into Kroger to see if any good clearance. I got 3 ruby grapefruit for 3/.99, and 2 fresh pineapples for .99 each. All were in that special produce bin! That's all I bought.
- Worked on some of my jar recipes
- Got out many of my cookie/candy recipes that I hope to make in the next few weeks
- Enjoying using the fall/winter scented candles and melts that I received as gifts last Christmas
- Meals from home
- Doing all the normal every day stuff
Potato pancakes, turkey smothered in cheese & dressing 'waffles'
Leftover turkey/noodle soup
Burgers, beans & rice and side salad
Fried chicken livers with gravy, potato wedges
BBQ wings, mac and cheese and side salad
Nacho cheese/bacon/jalapeno topped baked potatoes
Fresh fruit as treats
My sister and I tentatively set the weekend of 17/18 as sibling Christmas get together. Looking forward to that.
I HAVE to make jelly this week (I keep putting it off). Later in the week will be cold - so that seems like a good time for it.
I need to get my goodie baskets all put together and stuff wrapped. We'll see!!!!!!! Oh, and need to mail out cards! Oh, and bake! YIKES!!!!!
What is going on in your neck of the woods? Are you ready for Christmas? Did you get any great deals this week?
Look forward to hearing from everyone.
May the Lord keep you wrapped in His warm, loving, and healing embrace. God bless my friends.
Have a wonderful week!