We started with snow and cold rainy weather this week. We managed to warm up and got to almost 80* for a couple days, which was heavenly! We awoke to rain this morning, cooler temps and we have snow coming in tomorrow!!!!! Not much - but snow none the less. UGH!
Oh well - soon we will probably be complaining about the heat - LOL.
My fugal week:
- I got a chance to pull out the last quarter of the garden I didn't get done last fall.
- Picked up tons of sticks that I am saving for the neighbor, as they do backyard fire pit nights once in a while
- I did manage to get several areas of the yard cleaned up - berry patch and a couple big flower gardens
- Mowed the front grass
- Aired out the house and no heat for about 3 days
- Printed out a lot of forms for G. Getting many of our affairs organized
- Changed out the bedding from winter covers to summer
- Line dried fleece throws and bedding - YAY!
- Got my hands on 2 gallon glass jars with lids for future storage
- Pickled a quart of brussel sprouts. I used leftover pickle juice - a few jalapenos and a pound of trimmed sprouts. Simmered it all together for about 15 minutes and put in quart jar. Refrigerator type pickles - using what I had!
- Picked a bouquet of tulips and daffodils
- Made up a list for whenever I run to Rural King, Have it divided into different stores in that area - only go when I need something from several different stores in the area.
- I did run to Kroger and got a gallon of milk and 2 - .99 bags of seedless Halo type minis. That was it this week for groceries.
Meals this past week:
From scratch lasagna (small one)
Small serving of leftover lasagna and a nice salad
Sloppy Joes and roasted mix veggies (potato, carrots, onion, sprouts)
Fried pork fritters, mashed potatoes and corn
Deconstructed egg roll skillet
Burgers and fries - Burger King 2/$6 burgers (I was tired)
Philly beefsteak 'like' French bread pizza and salad
Pineapple pretzel fluff for desserts
It sure felt good getting outside this week and actually getting my hands dirty. I got scratched up working in the berry patch - but that's ok. I was outside working, which was great. I was sore, but it didn't last long - I sure did sleep good!
For now, back to doing inside things!
What have you been up to? Any good deals?
Look forward to hearing from everyone.
Prayers for health and happiness for each of you. May you be blessed with a great week.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.
You did really well! I'll be glAd when spring does come. We have a ice storm here this morning. Praying we keep our power. I can't wait to get sore in the garden!ReplyDelete
Hope you keep your power. Stay safe.Delete
Funny how we want to get sore and stiff after winter!!!
I can't believe there is so much snow at this late date in the spring. The central US, like Minnesota, looks like it is getting a lot of snow.ReplyDelete
I've never had pickled brussel sprouts. Sounds interesting.
Great price on the Halos!
Glad you were able to get out and enjoy being outside.
I had never pickled Brussel sprouts either. I keep seeing them on FB (called frog balls!). I figured they can't be bad. We like them fixed all kinds of ways.Delete
I saw traverse City MI got 14" this weekend. Crazy stuff.
Have a good week.
You sure had an industrious week. We've cut down our eating to 2 meals a day as we just get full too easily these days. Guess it's old age!ReplyDelete
We pretty much EAT once a day. G has been having juice for breakfast - coffee for lunch - then we eat supper. We eat fairly early and no snacks after.Delete
G is trying to lose weight again.
I was out in the yard and garden too. The weather here has turned again and it is cold and rainy. I hung everything outside for 3 days and shut the heat off. Windows were opened and screens were put on the front and back door. I got several walks in too. We had a great week. My list is here: https://mcoia.blogspot.com/2018/04/my-frugal-list-week-of-april-9-2018.htmlReplyDelete
It was fun while it lasted wasn't it?Delete
I am sitting here watching it snow this morning.
and after the sun, then the cold, and then the snow, and then the cold snowy rain, that's central PA from me to you Cheryl! our industriousness was to get another cord of wood into the trailer, made a quick trip in between showers, nice to hear the birds singing in the woods, not many ticks even though it is tick season...we can use two more cords, use about three per winter in addition to our coal stove, it really does feel good to have sore muscles and sleep well at nightReplyDelete
Hi there Ellen. Miss you stopping by.Delete
Yes, sun, cold, rain, snow, sleet, wind, sun ....... so it goes.
Glad that you were able to get more wood. Yes, mam it does feel good to WORK again! It makes the body feel alive.
Have a great one. Don't be a stranger!
I am so jealous of your getting outside. I had maybe 1 hour of no rain on Saturday. But this weekend may be nice. I pray and hope.ReplyDelete
I have never heard of pickle brussel sprouts. I'm thinking my father would love those! I may have to try my hand at making some for him.ReplyDelete