Oh my, here we are in April. Time is just flying by and we are still having nasty old winter weather. I am so ready for Spring. Our 10" of snow from last weekend melted quickly, then we had rain all but one day. The lake was huge in the backyards again and the mud has been yucky!
I told G the other day I wondered why geese or ducks never stopped in at our rainy days lake. Two hours later I looked out the kitchen window, and saw 2 Mallards swimming in the backyard 2 doors down!!!! That was too funny.
We had Rocky raccoon come by and visit a couple afternoons and evenings. He was a smaller coon and my goodness that face! He wasn't the least bit afraid of me - he walked right by me to go get a drink and wash his 'hands'. However he was intimidated by the kitties, and got away from them quickly. He is cute - but I just hope he doesn't become a regular visitor.
So many birds are showing back up at the feeders that disappeared over the winter. Of course the Robins are back, and now see the bright gold finches, cow birds, red-winged black birds, and all the variety of woodpeckers. So neat. It won't be long (one of these days in the future) when the hummingbirds come back.
It's been another quiet week.
My frugal week:
- Printed the taxes
- Got a 14 lb. Honeysuckle turkey out of the freezer to thaw for Easter dinner. (It's 2 years old)
- Did more spring cleaning - cleaning never ends
- Went out and did some much needed banking, that I have put off for 2 months! I was quickly reminded why I put it off. I hate dealing with anything at the banks - especially things that requires them the opportunity to try and 'sell' you something!
- While out I stopped at a different Kroger. I got a .99 bag of brussel sprouts, some lettuce and grape tomatoes and an .88 HUGE fresh pineapple.
- Filled the gas tank while out - I still had over a half of tank - but topped it off. Got a .20/gallon discount
- Changed out my watch battery with one I had on hand. I got 2 packs of watch batteries last year at Dollar Tree - 4 batteries/$1. They last over 6 months each - not bad.
- Got to watching You Tube and got strayed off path! You ever have that happen? I started watching one thing and then got off subject and starting watching videos of abandoned homes! Interesting.
- G has been working on cleaning out older paperwork again - boy does that stuff add up fast
- Doing all the regular stuff every day
Meals this past week:
Beef and dirty rice and salad
Tuna patties, asparagus and salad
BBQ chops (in crockpot) and mac n cheese
Chicken breast and jalapeno poppers (from freezer) and side salad
Beef hotdogs, leftover mac n cheese & salad
Pasta/crab/veggie salad (all in one meal)
Smoked jalapeno sausage and leftover pasta salad
I currently have my turkey bird in the oven. We are keeping our meal simple today. It's just us and we are really trying to eat healthier. Turkey, roasted brussel sprouts and fresh pineapple for dessert. That is it! Lots of turkey will be left for various uses this week!
Mother nature is doing an April Fool for us this week. Supposed to start snowing tonight with maybe 3" by morning!!! It will melt quickly - but really!!!!!!!!!!!! Supposed to stay in the 40's this week. UGH!
My front grass needs mowed terribly - but it is way too wet and muddy.
I hope you all have a blessed week and I pray you all have great health and happiness in your life.
Blessings from our humble little home to yours!
HAPPY EASTER TO ONE AND ALL