It seems we are finally getting a little sampling of Spring! We have had a few warmer days, sunshine, and things are greening up. All of that in between snow showers!!! I can now see a green 'mist' in the horizon, as trees are finally setting buds and leaves.
It appears our temps will average about 60* this coming week, BUT there is a chance of flurries next weekend. SIGH! It is what it is!!!!!!
My frugal week:
- Cleaned out G's sock drawer and kept a couple pair of really old stretched out pair of tube socks to use on my swifter cleaner. They work perfectly.
- Used up older celery and older carrots in a stew this week.
- Made a couple dozen BIG sugar cookies from dough from the freezer. Stopped a sweet tooth craving - they lasted all week.
- I worked out back in the berry patch and in the flower beds. Cut so many things back and cleaned up a lot of yard waste. So much more to do!!!!!
- I found a couple BIG pieces of green plasticized chicken wire that neighbors threw out - I grabbed that stuff quickly. It cuts easily and makes great little protective cages around new plants. That saves a bit of change for me!
- Washed many windows
- Got to have heat off and windows open a few times this week.
- Mowed the front yard and cleaned out the front flower bed
- I ran up to Kroger on Thursday to look around. I did find 4 bottles of gummy vitamin C on managers closeout. Normally 7.99 per bottle and I got them for $2 each!! Bought all 4 they had on the shelf. I also got a 3 pack of 'stop light' bell peppers in the .99 bin. That's ALL I bought!
- We are getting 2 premium channels FREE for 4 days this weekend. I have been DVR'ing movies to have for later.
- Cooked up a pound of ground sausage this week and put part of it in the freezer for a quick add in for another meal
Meals this week:
Breakfast - bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns
Stew and bread & butter 2X
Sandwiches and some chips
Dirty rice/sausage & salad
Chinese - 2X
Yes I was bad again this Friday and had take out again. 2 weeks in a row!!!! Both times I was so tired from yard work - that needs to stop. I am getting back into my groove - so hopefully I won't over work as much!
G wanted Chinese. That always lasts us 2 meals a piece and still some leftovers for lunch. I also got 2 really nice lidded containers to use for leftovers or sending home food with others.
Are you getting any SPRING yet? I sure hope so. We all need a dose of warmth and sunshine.
What did you do this week to stay on the frugal bandwagon? Any great deals?
I hope you all have a lovely frugal week.
May the Lord keep you in His protective arms and bless you beyond measure.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.
You've broke my heart if you are having flurries...then well what will it be like in Michigan. I'll try not to think of it. Chinese is a good frugal takeout ...we also have leftovers and we only spend about $8-$10 for all three of us. I don't think I could make it for that but not sure how healthy it is. Have a good week.ReplyDelete
Well hopefully we get to enjoy most of our week! I am really over the S word!!!!Delete
Our Chinese costs a bit more - but when you break it down per meal it isn't bad.
Have a good one.
We have broken out of the 50's here and have had a couple of nice days and our upcoming week is going to be spectacular, in the 70's and maybe 1 day in the 80's.ReplyDelete
I have just been cooking at home.
Homemade minestrone soup, eaten several times so far. Lunches and dinners.
Salmon patties, white sauce and chopped egg for garnish. Rice on the side, had enough for lunch the next day.
Chef salad dinner 1 night and lunch the next day.
French toast and scrambled egg.
My sister was here yesterday and I gifted her some more of my hand me down things that were destined for the Goodwill. Sent home with her a jar of homemade sauerkraut and some for my other sister who got my old flannel sheets.
Good day for me in that department!
Don't work too hard!
Laurie your meals all sound yummy! Oh 70's - my heart is fluttering!!!! I am so ready.Delete
It is great that you are blessing your sister with lovely items and you are de-cluttering at the same time. WIN - WIN!
Have a great one!
Glad to hear you are getting some warmer days. Great deal on the vitamins and peppers. Your sugar cookies look so pretty. I'm making your deconstructed egg rolls for dinner tonight. I'll let you know how we like them. Hope you have a blessed ay.ReplyDelete
Oh yes, let me know what you think. We really like it.Delete
Got to love deals like that.
have a good one.
Cheryl, the deconstructed egg roll recipe is definitely a keeper. It was so good and everyone else agreed. I will be making this one again. Thanks again for posting it. :)ReplyDelete
YAY!!!!!!! Glad you all liked it!!Delete
Okay Cheryl, now I have some advice for You! Put something in the crockpot early in the morning, Before you head outside to do the yardwork, Be disciplined because if you are anything like me you are outside in your socks and nightie with the birds at first song and daylight! Much love going out to you! :-))ReplyDelete
LOL - yes mam you are right! That is what I usually do - or have leftovers - but both days just crept up on me!!!Delete
I mean, those days haven't come along often lately.
I plan on being more organized from here on out.
Have a great one!
We had Chinese Saturday night too. we were so tired from yard work. Hubby was happy. He loves Chinese. We get 3 dishes for the 4 of us. There are always leftovers.ReplyDelete
We did lots of yard work and I planted peas in my garden. Seeds also got planted for tomatoes, peppers and lettuce. All are in my mini green house. kale has been growing like crazy so my youngest daughter has been using it in her smoothies. The rest of my week is here: https://mcoia.blogspot.com/2018/04/my-frugal-list-week-of-april-15-2015.html
My hubby loves Chinese as well. Sounds like we both had the same idea after a hard days work!Delete
Glad you are getting some stuff planted. Still nothing here.
Have a great week.
Funny that over doing the yard works leads to take out. Both for you and I but we save so much at other times I don't think we really need to feel guilty. ;)ReplyDelete
Exactly. I guess there is a reason for being frugal!!Delete
At least we are all getting some things done. Dealing with rain today - so indoors.
Have a good day