It seems we are finally getting a little sampling of Spring! We have had a few warmer days, sunshine, and things are greening up. All of that in between snow showers!!! I can now see a green 'mist' in the horizon, as trees are finally setting buds and leaves.
It appears our temps will average about 60* this coming week, BUT there is a chance of flurries next weekend. SIGH! It is what it is!!!!!!
My frugal week:
- Cleaned out G's sock drawer and kept a couple pair of really old stretched out pair of tube socks to use on my swifter cleaner. They work perfectly.
- Used up older celery and older carrots in a stew this week.
- Made a couple dozen BIG sugar cookies from dough from the freezer. Stopped a sweet tooth craving - they lasted all week.
- I worked out back in the berry patch and in the flower beds. Cut so many things back and cleaned up a lot of yard waste. So much more to do!!!!!
- I found a couple BIG pieces of green plasticized chicken wire that neighbors threw out - I grabbed that stuff quickly. It cuts easily and makes great little protective cages around new plants. That saves a bit of change for me!
- Washed many windows
- Got to have heat off and windows open a few times this week.
- Mowed the front yard and cleaned out the front flower bed
- I ran up to Kroger on Thursday to look around. I did find 4 bottles of gummy vitamin C on managers closeout. Normally 7.99 per bottle and I got them for $2 each!! Bought all 4 they had on the shelf. I also got a 3 pack of 'stop light' bell peppers in the .99 bin. That's ALL I bought!
- We are getting 2 premium channels FREE for 4 days this weekend. I have been DVR'ing movies to have for later.
- Cooked up a pound of ground sausage this week and put part of it in the freezer for a quick add in for another meal
Meals this week:
Breakfast - bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns
Stew and bread & butter 2X
Sandwiches and some chips
Dirty rice/sausage & salad
Chinese - 2X
Yes I was bad again this Friday and had take out again. 2 weeks in a row!!!! Both times I was so tired from yard work - that needs to stop. I am getting back into my groove - so hopefully I won't over work as much!
G wanted Chinese. That always lasts us 2 meals a piece and still some leftovers for lunch. I also got 2 really nice lidded containers to use for leftovers or sending home food with others.
Are you getting any SPRING yet? I sure hope so. We all need a dose of warmth and sunshine.
What did you do this week to stay on the frugal bandwagon? Any great deals?
I hope you all have a lovely frugal week.
May the Lord keep you in His protective arms and bless you beyond measure.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.