We had quite a weather week. Monday morning we woke to 2" of snow. We had record setting rain fall on Tuesday - my oh my it was something - extreme winds and raining sideways. Flooding was a huge factor all over the state - we even had Interstates flooded and closed. I don't remember that ever happening before. We ended up getting 5" of rain in less than 24 hours. Snow flurries again on Wednesday morning! Crazy wacky Spring!
Snow coming in tonight and then maybe up to 70* by the end of the week. YAY!
It sure is lovely hearing all the birds sing each day. What a chorus. I wish I could differentiate all the different ones. Sounds pretty. The squirrels are getting 'frisky' - if you know what I mean. LOL! I am going to try and trap Rocky raccoon this week and re-locate it. Cute as it is, I just don't want it around, especially with garden time coming 'someday'!
My frugal week:
- I ran to Aldi early in the week to get some sale items before the ad changed. I got 6 lbs. of Brussel sprouts @ 1.29 lb. Also got a 2 lb. bag of carrots for .99
- Had several cards that needed to go out this week. (lot's of birthdays in Apr.). I had cards in my stash and stamps here - so no expense.
- Ran the dehumidifier and fan downstairs a lot this week. We got dampness in the basement after the rains - so that really helped dry it out.
- Ran to the library while out
- Refilled upstairs pantry from downstairs
- Cleaned and refilled all the outdoor feeders
- Picked a pretty bouquet of daffodils and later that night we had a freeze/snow flurries - so they are a little sad looking now.
- Did NOT buy ANY Easter candy on after sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (major accomplishment)
- Ran to Big Lots for 20% off Saturday hoping to find canning lids and maybe pint jars. NOPE! I went to 2 different stores, and both had put them up so as not to have to sell with discount. They had them a month ago. I mentioned it to the cashier, and she looked rather sheepish and didn't deny it!!!
- I did buy 8 pairs of socks for $4 after discount and I got 4 hot pink (I don't care about color) full size milk crates at $2.76 each after discount. I bought all they had. They will be great for downstairs pantry. I have been searching for some full size heavy ones for ages.
- Weekly cleaning, making tea, meals from home, using what we have, laundry in cold, reading, etc.
Meals this past week:
Baked turkey and parm. roasted brussel sprouts
Turkey sandwiches and salad
Cheesy potatoes/turkey/veggie casserole
Creamy turkey/rice/veggie soup
Large beef/bean burrito and salad
Poor man's Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts
Mushroom & Swiss burgers and homemade slaw
Had fresh pineapple and pineapple and peaches mixed for desserts. Ate lots of pickles for snacks.
Not very exciting for sure. My life is simple and probably boring to many - but that is ok. I hate drama, so I guess I will be satisfied with boring. Actually I don't think it's boring, I just chose to do different things from most. That's me.
What did you do this past week to stretch the budget? Did you get any great deals?
I think we are all ready for Spring or Fall in other areas. Weather has just been odd this year all over the world.
May your upcoming week be safe and healthy and may you all be blessed in many ways.
Blessing from our humble home to yours.