We did have some nice sunny days this week, and I got a lot done outside. Last night we had a freeze! At least no snow. We are suppose to hit the 70's and 80's this coming week.
We have had the coldest April in 35 years and one of the wettest. Glad it is about over!
I spent a good part of yesterday attending a dedication at the place of my long gone grade school. I know I have mentioned going to events for that school before - but it was such a special place for many, many generations. It was the center of the community and even after school activities took place there. We all donated to have a wonderful plaque and memorial placed. After, we all went to a small local pub and visited. So many friends and memories from long, long ago - priceless!
My frugal week:
- Walked the alley and picked up trash 2 X this week
- Worked on a lot of those 'I don't want to do them' jobs. Working in small increments allowed me to accomplish so many things!
- Inventoried and organized all my canning supplies. Jars, lids, rings, mixes, pectin, etc. I am ready!
- Been continuing my efforts to de-clutter and organize
- Cut G's and my hair
- Colored my hair at home
- Did some vehicle general maintenance myself. Checked all the fluids and aired the tires
- Renewed library books on-line
- Did LOTS and LOTS of yard work!! Feeling a little accomplished!!!!!!
- Mowed and trimmed from front to back
- Got to air out the house some and have no heat for much of week
- Worked on all the monthly receipts. I was looking a spreadsheet and realized I ONLY spent a GRAND TOTAL of $179 for a combined total of March and April on groceries!!!!!! WOOHOO!
Meals this past week:
Turkey, Stove Top stuffing, Brussel sprouts
Chicken strips, stuffing fritters, green beans
Tuna salad over a bed of lettuce w/crackers
Beefy, cheesy, bean nachos
BBQ wings, mac n cheese, salad
Cold cut & cheese sandwiches and chips (G's request)
Ravioli and meatballs
I had about half of the Stove Top stuffing left - so I added an egg, shredded cheese, and a little flour and made it into patties and fried as fritters. OMG were they good. Truly much better than the stuffing was. G said that was a good reason to make stove top - just to make fritters! I think he is right. I will do that again.
How was your week? How did you stay frugal?
I have been reading that some of you have been getting great deals at yard sales - I can't wait till they start happening around here!
May you all be blessed this coming week. Praying for health and happiness for you all.
Remember all the bumps along the road, are part of the pathways we are supposed to take.
Blessings from our humble home to you and yours!