Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Tasty or Two

I thought I would share a couple easy and so very tasty recipes with you.  I am sure there are nooooooo calories to speak of in either one!!!!!   LOL - hahahaha

They are both quite filling and would be great for a new dish to offer company, or even take to a pitch in.


ANTIPASTO SQUARES
2 rolls of crescent rolls  ( I got store brand as they were super cheap)
Ham thinly sliced
Mozzarella or provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
Pepperoni slices
Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
Some sliced peppers - like pepperoncini (for tang)
A little parmesan cheese (dried to sprinkle) & Italian seasoning
I also added a little Dijon mustard

I know this sounds expensive and like a lot, but you use just a little of everything.

Roll out the first pack of crescent rolls all together in a greased pan. (do not separate).  Pinch all the seams closed.  Top with a thin layer of ham, cheese, pepperoni, a few squirts of Dijon mustard (spread around) other cheese and a few peppers.  Top with the second roll of crescent rolls (do not separate).  Again crimp shut all the little seams.
Sprinkle the top with a little parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
When a little cooled cut into 8 or more pieces - depending on what else you might serve.

This is so good!  We actually used it as our main meal - 2 pieces each and a side salad.  Had enough for 2 different meals.  I will definitely make this again.
It would be a great dish for a cool autumn evening!  It was really a comfort type food.



TOMATOE CHEESE PIE
I have seen many recipes out there - this is my own.  I used what I had on hand.

2 - 8 oz. packs cream cheese (softened)
about 8 oz.. sour cream
approx. 1 cup of shredded cheese (whatever you have)
1/4 C dry parmesan cheese
I added about 1/2 - 3/4 cups of chopped jalapeno peppers as well
I added a couple dashes of garlic powder and onion powder
Mix all that together.
Place in a single pie crust (in a lightly greased pie pan).  Spread the mixture evenly in crust.  Top with thinly sliced tomatoes - I over lapped them - so as to have plenty.  Sprinkle with a bit of Italian seasoning.
Bake at 400 for approx. 40 - 45 minutes (cover the crust edge for about 15 minutes so as not to burn it).
Let it set for about 10-15 minutes before cutting.

This is just a rich creamy and decadent dish.  We absolutely loved it.  I would do this even with store bought tomatoes (as they would bake well).


I love experimenting with food and making new recipes.  Some recipes sound expensive, but when you just need a little of this or that - they can be very reasonable.
I am all about easy, yummy and comfort when it comes to meals.

I hope you find these tasty and yummy as well.  REMEMBER nothing is etched in stone.  You can mix and match what you have in your frig. and make your own new and exciting recipes.  Just remember how you did it in case you love it!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY!


12 comments:

  1. Both look and sound amazing. I would just sit and eat and eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is easy to do.
      Hope you give one or both a try.

      Delete
  2. Out my window said it all! Hard to turn down a piece of either dishes. I especially would like to try the tomato pie. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about the flavor of cheese and tomato that super excites me. That is my favorite flavor combo!
      ENJOY

      Delete
  3. I'm drooling! They look and sound so good. I'll be trying them soon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Glad to hear it. I can almost guarantee you will fall in love!
      You are so welcome!

      Delete
  4. Yum! My friend taught me a similar thing with the crescent rolls. Crumbled ground beef, green chile, cheese, taco seasoning. Dip in salsa and sour cream.

    I imagine the combinations are endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum that sound wonderful too. I think our imaginations are the only thing that limits us!

      Delete
  5. These both look so good, Cheryl. We are definitely going to try them both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, the tomato pie sounds really yummy. Do you serve it as a main dish or as a side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a main dish for us - but could be served as a side at a potluck or something. It was one of our meatless evenings.

      Delete