Today I will be getting together with my sister and brother to celebrate. Sis will be making a late lunch and we will exchange gifts and OLD STORIES! The old stories is my favorite part.
It has finally quit raining and the sun is out. We look to have sun for a few days this week, which will be greatly appreciated. Out temps are back in the 40's and staying that way all week. Nights are chilly, but I will take anything above freezing and sunshine with great pleasure!
It has been pretty quiet around here. I guess it is just that time of the year.
One would think it would be crazy.
Here is my frugal week.
- Got the health insurance situation all resolved and settled. I am good to go (and not a bad price) until the end of next year when I can get Medicare. (Dang that sounds old!)
- Ran to feed store and got well stocked again. The birdies and the 'fat' squirrels are very grateful! LOL
- Got to P.O. and got postage and then all cards mailed! I have enough postage for the next year for cards and letters.
- Worked on Christmas baskets, getting things all arranged
- Tried a new recipe this week - and it's a keeper for sure (had everything here to make it)
- Made dip at home
- Got started on some holiday baking - much to do this coming week
- Ran to Kroger for a couple deals. Got cheese for .99/8 oz. (we are cheese junkies!). I also got 2 - 2lb. bags of HUGE peeled shrimp for 5.99 each!! One will our New Year's ever dinner (every year), and another for later. (I should have gotten more - but didn't want them to get freezer burnt)
- Just doing all our regular stuff
Meals this past week:
Sliced ham (from freezer), eggs and toast & jelly
Spaghetti & meat sauce and salad
Subway sandwiches and cookies (FREE with GC) - what a treat!
Cheeseburger pie (new recipe) and salad
Cold sammies and chips/dip
Smoked sausage, kraut, and chunk potatoes all cooked together
Beef franks, mac n cheese and salad
This coming week I will be making more holiday treats as the 'kids' (niece and nephews) are coming home for Christmas on Saturday. I can't wait - just never get to see them enough.
So I will be baking and finishing up getting their gifts all together this week. I make a nice buffet for lunch when they come. I have one or two more small things to pick up for baskets.
Are you winding down on baking and preparing for the holiday? Did you get any good deals this past week?
Are you like me and ready to get life back to normal?
Prayers that each and everyone of you are safe, healthy, and free from any harm. May your hearts be calm and your lives happy.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.