I have received all orders that I placed for gifts - so all the big stuff is done. I still have some small things to take care of.
It has been cold in these parts. Today we are actually seeing sun - for the first time in a week!
It truly has been quiet around here. I just can not get in the Christmas spirit this year. I really need to kick myself in the bum and get busy.
My frugal week:
- I did go and 'purchase' 92 cans of cat food and 2 bags of dry food and 4 containers (laundry baskets) for some gift baskets all FOR FREE! Used part of the GC we received from the bank.
- Picked up a script for G and it was for 3 months and FREE
- Got cards addressed - just haven't mailed yet. (sigh)
- Received FREE address labels and a notepad from a charity. I wish they would quit doing that and save the money for the charity.
- I went to the funeral of a former neighbor this week. We have known their family the whole time we have lived here (over 30 years). Like family in some ways.
- After the funeral I went a couple blocks up the road to Kroger to get weekend specials. I purchased 10 jars of peanut butter for .99/jar, 40 lbs. of sugar for .99/4 lb., and 25 lbs. of Gold Medal flour for 1.49/5 lb. The cashier let me do 2 different orders!!!! I am now good for the following year on sugar and peanut butter and probably flour. (I still have lots of sugar purchased on sales from earlier)
- G's TV/cable seemed to mess up this week. We did trouble shooting online and everything seemed to lean towards having a service call. No one came up with an at home fix. WELL.... I went to work and did some things myself and WOOHOO I fixed it!!!
Meals this past week:
Leftover turkey and noodles and stuffing
Open face tuna melts and salad
Red beans/rice with ground sausage & jalapeno poppers
Beef fillets (grilled), waffle fries and salad
Ground beef/mushroom/onion/Swiss mix over bread and salad
Hamburger stew 2X
I have to get started baking this week, as I have our first family gathering next Sunday. I need to get all the gifts sorted and baskets finished. I also need to run up the street to the post office for stamps and mailings.
Non Christmas stuff - I need to go to feed store and I need to visit with insurance agent about my health insurance for next year. I think I may keep busy!
Are you all ready? What did you do this week to stay frugal? Any good deals?
I send prayers for all to stay healthy and safe. I also pray that those who feel depressed this time of the year - may you be able to focus on other things and get through the season. I know everyone does not feel warm and cozy this time of the year. Comfort be with you.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.