It is a beautiful morning here. We have had some lovely evenings and mornings this week, nice and cool. No need for the AC in the early part of the day - and getting to air the house a bit.
We finally did get some rain on Thursday - it was much needed. More storms coming in tomorrow night. Heat is back in force later today and tomorrow!
My great niece and her little family (minus one who had football practice) got to come and visit this week. She was in town to take her son to Riley Hospital for some tests. I haven't seen her in many years (except on FB). It was so nice to get to get to catch up IN PERSON.
Her middle child didn't want to leave. He is about 10 or 11. He said "this house is so comfortable and cozy - it is a nap kind of house". I love that!!! We had such a nice visit and look forward to getting together again.
This past week:
- Worked on cutting back some of the front flower bed
- Made the fruity cake bars - it was a big hit! (Made peach)
- Washing kitchen walls and worked on cleaning some knick-knacks
- Laundry in cold and line dried
- Cut my hair
- Picked a few tomatoes and bell peppers
- Used water from the rain barrels to water plants
- I ran to WM Family Market one day to maybe add to cat food stock. Shelves were almost empty. NOT shortages - they are remodeling. The whole place was a mess. I don't go there often, will be less now. They have remodeled and now have ONLY 2 regular check-outs and everything else is self serve!!!!!! Not for me! Pure greed in my opinion - less employees and more profit! Bought nothing.
- Mowed the yard
- I decided to get a new garbage disposal. Mine has been broken for 2 - 3 years and I didn't replace. Then it got to where I couldn't even use that sink (wouldn't drain). I planned to have it taken out and just re-pipe -- but it was easier to replace (not cheaper). My neighbor helped me install and it only took a few minutes. He went with me to buy it and mentioned he was a Vet and they gave me a discount. It is so nice to be able to use both sides of the sink!!!!! Nice to have good neighbors too!
- Made more hummingbird nectar
- All my regular things as well - making tea, eating from home, AC off when possible, etc.
Meals this past week:
Made faux crab salad from meat in the freezer. Served over lettuce
Crab roll ups
Cheese burger, tomatoes and cucumbers
Philly beef and cheese skillet dinner
Cup full of leftovers, beef and bean burrito (from freezer) and sliced tomato
Homemade pizza 2X
Philly beef and cheese skillet. Cooked ground beef, onion and bell peppers together - drain. Add a good splash of Italian dressing and one of Worcestershire sauce. Cook pasta in another pot till almost done. Add pasta to meat and add cheese. I used Swiss and Mozzarella . It sure was tasty!
I just kind of played it by ear - adjust to your taste.
How was your week? Any good deals or specials? Garden produce? Give us a shoutout and let us know what you are up to.
I hope you all have a great week ahead. Prayers that you are healthy and safe and that you can add to your pantries for pennies or free.
Blessings from my humble home to yours.