Our weather has mellowed quite a bit. Humidity dropped and so did temperatures. We have had 60's during the night and this next week highs aren't supposed to get over 80*. YAY! My kind of weather.
We had rain(and storms) three times this week.
Tuesday we had a storm go through that had 75 mph wind gusts. That was pretty scary.
I got a real mood booster on Friday. I have just been in the dumps lately, and I went to my brothers Friday and got to spend time with my great - great niece (2 months old). I spent a couple hours holding and snuggling her - I sure needed that baby fix! That helped my mood more than anything.
- Chopped and froze some bell peppers
- Paid off the hospital bill (as far as what has been billed). That should save me $600 each month
- I had a small amount of tomatoes that had some spots and bad places on them - not enough to can, and too many to eat quickly - so I peeled and froze them. It is enough to add to a pot of soup or chili.
- Had a sweet tooth and wanted something. Made a batch of crispies even though I had no rice crispy cereal. I used oats flakes with almond slivers (cereal that I had on hand). They came out great - same recipe just changed the cereal.
- Making hummingbird nectar like crazy. It is hard to keep the feeders filled!
- Picked more tomatoes
- Got to turn off AC for a few days. Enjoying fresh air in the house
- My brother sent me home with zucchini, yellow summer squash and cucumbers
- Colored my hair at home
- Stopped at Kroger as they had Indiana grown cantaloupe on sale 2/$5. Got 2. They are huge and so sweet and tasty
This is the smaller of the 2. That is a quart jar laying next to it for reference.
- I also found 3 boxes of microwave popcorn on clearance. I don't usually buy that - but it will be a cheap evening treat. .45/box for 3 bags per box. .15 a treat is pretty darn cheap.
- Line dried laundry. Sheets and comforter sure felt good the first night!
- Took care of some paperwork and things at the bank this week
- ENJOYED some front porch sitting this week - haven't done that for quite a while
- All the usual. Using leftovers, making tea, eating at home, not using lights, cold water laundry, using what I have, etc.
Meals this past week:
Spicy beans and pasta mixed with leftover hotdog cut up in it
Lettuce, cucumber and tomato sandwich
Pizza rolls (I found in the freezer) and sliced tomato
Grilled cheese & pork burger sandwich (homemade/frozen burger) and chips
Ground beef - diced potato 'soft tacos'. Topped with salsa and cheese
Leftovers and salad
Stove top lasagna and sliced cukes and tomatoes
Munching on crispy treats and cantaloupe
How was your week? Did you get any great deals? Are you canning or freezing any produce yet?
I hope you all had a great, healthy, safe and frugal week!
I think I may spend some time out working in the yard today, as the weather is perfect for it. It is supposed to rain again, the next couple days. The house is getting fresh air - the kitties are loving it too.
May you have a great week and may goodness rain down upon you and yours.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.