It has been a roller coaster on the weather front here. We have had 90's and humid and we have had 80's a lovely. Heavy rain one day - which was much needed.
The daylight hours are most definitely getting shorter. I think we have lost at least an hour of light each day. So soon the cool crisp days of autumn will be here - then Christmas! YIKES
My hummingbirds have just been going crazy at the feeders and the flowers. They are there constantly! It makes me wonder if they know something that we don't! I sure hope it isn't getting time for them to be leaving already.
Are you all moving forward on the August motivational workdays? I have gotten a bit done - not nearly what I should be doing. It seems my get up and go has done got up and gone!!!! LOL
- Picked a few more peppers and tomatoes - enjoying eating them!
- Did some mending
- Trying to do yard work on cooler days and mornings. Mowed over 2 days, trimmed bushes, cleaning up some flower beds, trimming - so much to do
- I needed to get out one day and I ran to Kroger (just to look - no deals at all), WM (yes I did), and the thrift store.
- At Kroger I didn't see any good sales or deals. Was getting ready to leave and walked by the floral dept. and saw marked down flowers. I was in a 'mood', so I bought them for a pick me up. I got all of these for $2. They make me smile.
- I had been seeing reports that WM was clearancing out their Great Value brand soups - due to a label redesign. I decided I would check it out. I don't like the store - but a deal is a deal. I was almost too late - but I did get 4 family size cans of tomato soup for .25 each! That was all they had left. I wish I had been much earlier - that would have been a deal to get for a donation to the local food pantry. You might go check out your local WM. I also got a big bag of cat food.
- I stopped at the thrift store to look around. I did get a pair of perfect fitting jeans for $1. I got a pack of hot dog buns FREE.
- I am still working on inventory and rearranging pantry stuff
- I did get to turn off AC a bit this week
- Doing all the normal things
Meals this past week:
Small pasta and veggie salad (heavy on veggies)
Smoked sausage (sliced) and tomato sandwich
Steak burger steamed veggies and rice
Grilled egg, ham, cheese sandwich and tomatoes and cucumbers sliced on the side
Pasta topped with leftover steamed veggies and a couple chicken tenders
Mexican chicken (from freezer) and cheese nachos
So there you have it - not a lot going on here. I really need to give myself a pep talk and get busy.
There is so much that needs to be done and that can be done and I just have no oomph to do it. One day at a time!
How are those gardens doing? Are you canning or freezing anything?
What did you do this past week to save money?
I just love hearing what everybody is up to.
May your week be happy and healthy. Work hard to prepare for your families future and security.
Remember to stop and enjoy life as well, and to be thankful for all the nature and beauty on the earth!!!
Blessing from my humble little home to yours.