Prayers continuing for our friends in Australia that the devastating fires quickly come to an end. So much loss there. It is all so sad.
I have had a pretty quiet week. Spent much of it reflecting on the past year and contemplating what might come in the new year. I truly have no idea what might be. I just know I have to find ME!
I went to a baby shower last Sunday for a cousin of Glen's. It was a super nice affair. I got to see many of his relatives and catch up. That was nice. They are just so kind. It was my farthest trip so far (not that far really), just new to me to go that far away from home. I am slowly moving out of my comfort zone - very slowly!!!
I watched a part of a marathon of The Twilight Zone NYE and NYD. I do that every few years. My goodness, everyone that ever went on to be famous was on that show!! A fun blast from the past.
The weather has been mild for this time of the year. There have had many above normal temperature days in the past couple weeks. A few flurries mixed in and some cold nights and a little rain - but nothing to complain about.
- Put away all the Christmas stuff and all my lovely gifts
- Got all bills that were received and due in January PAID
- Froze up 2 containers of salsa chicken (left from get together) and gave some to my neighbor
- Got to turn off heat during the day for the first 3 days of the year!
- Straightened up and organized the pantry
- Received a coupon in the mail for a FREE 40 count box of Truvia
- Made a small brisket for new years and made great use of it
- Used all leftovers and some odds and ends to make a pot of "stoop" - thick stew like pot of hamburger/veggie soup
- Just doing all the normal stuff around here. Nothing exciting and the week has been quiet.
- NO shopping at all
Meals this past week:
Ate at the shower - chicken salad and veggies/dip - later at home had some beef stick and cheese and crackers leftover
Salsa chicken soft tacos
Fish sandwich and oven fries
Corned beef & cabbage and black eyed peas (new year's tradition)
Reuben sandwich and pickles (home canned kraut and pickles)
Corned beef hash topped with cheese
Hamburger stew/soup made from leftovers and odds and ends
This week I need to get myself in gear and start accomplishing some things. New year - new start. I need to get out of my own way and start getting busy.
Did you have a nice new year's? Are you looking to get back on the frugal bandwagon this month? It seems we all spent a lot of extra money lately - I am really going to try to spend less on everything.
Take care of yourselves and be safe and stay healthy. Looking forward to a new year of sharing with you all. God bless and comfort each of you.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.