Firstly I would like to take a moment to share a message I have on my mind this morning.
Please remember on this Holy Day that the first Easter was NOT celebrated in a crowded place of worship with singing and praising. People were afraid for their families and themselves at that time and they were staying in their homes. It was very dangerous for them to go out.
They were in their homes alone and they wanted to believe the good news they were hearing of life after death. Eventually they got to go outside their homes and celebrate.
They saw that God's love was most powerful and that love is the most powerful force on Earth.
A lesson we all need to take forward on this very Easter day.
You may be separate from your family and friends today - but you are never alone. The promise of eternal life and love is there for all.
This is the season of rebirth and awakening.
I awoke this morning and went outside to have my own special church service with nature. The sunrise was glorious and fitting a King and the chorus I heard was beautiful.
We are clouding up today and rain is coming. We have had some beautiful warm days this week (close to 80*) and we had a powerful storm come through Wednesday evening. That was so very scary. It was very still and I heard THAT noise people often mention - it sounded like a train at a distance. Boom - the wind and rain came. We had 70 - 80 mph winds with gusts that were higher. It did not last long, but it sure was scary. We luckily had no damage, but a small community a few miles south actually had a tornado touch down.
Spring is the time in our area for these quick and nasty storms.
I worked in the yard a lot this week. I saw a butterfly already and I saw many bumble bees! Pretty neat to see them back.
We have some cold nights coming going forward into this week.
- I made some cinnamon rolls from a roll I had in frig. and it needed to be used. Mmmmmm
- Cut my hair
- Got to have the heat off and the windows open most of the week
- I mowed the entire yard this week and trimmed. Such good exercise and fresh air.
- Did a lot of yard work
- Made some squirrel treats with some older products I have in the pantry - trying to stretch the squirrel goodies a bit, so as not to have to go out. (today is day 23 at home)
Little squirrel cookies. About the size of a walnut - I break into 2 - 3 pieces when I put them out. It is a filling treat for them and makes my corn last a little longer
- I made fried rice and used that in 3 different ways to stretch the food - had fried rice, mixed with refried beans for tostadas and used what was left with eggs to make fritters for freezer.
- I fixed a sticking lock on the back door
- Made a gallon of Kool-Aid for a tasty flavored treat
- Mailed some fabric and elastic I had on hand to my niece. She is busily making masks for many of her family and friends who are going to work each day. Glad to be able to help in some way
- Did some front porch sitting. It was lovely to sit outside in the glider. Put my heard back, closed my eyes and listened. How wonderful it sounded - so much nature. That day the air smelled of freshly mowed grass. I plan on doing more of this - it is so quieting and relaxing
- All the normal things we all do every day.
- Using up things I have on hand. As stated above I used some older pantry items (and sunflower seed) for squirrel treats. I found a jar of beef gravy in the pantry and had some sliced roast beef that needed used and I made a tasty dinner with those items (and others). I have been using many of my home canned items. LOVE MY PANTRY!
Using what I have and getting creative
Meals this past week:
Leftover cheesy mac/beef with condensed veggie beef soup added - tasty
Cheeseburger and oven fries and home canned slaw
Tuna salad sandwiches (made with home canned relish)
Chicken fried rice
Rice (leftover)/bean tostadas
Hot roast beef sandwich with fried smashed potato smothered with gravy
Oven baked fish on sammie with tartar (homemade) and chips and salsa (home canned)
Cinnamon rolls for treats!! Also apples and peanut butter
How has your week been? Are you getting creative with your menus? Are you just getting creative? There are so many projects that we can all work on to utilize our time. Let's all get crafty and create some beauty in this world!!!!
I pray you and yours are safe and healthy. Stay in - and don't consider it being stuck - consider it being safe! I hope you are growing in some way from all of this 'adventure' and learning and helping in some way.
We are in the same situation - let's make the best of it.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.