We have had some pretty chilly days this past week, rain, winds, and just many blah days. This coming week looks to be a bit warmer. I love seeing all the plants and trees come back to life. I look outside and see probably hundreds of shades of green! Isn't that awesome?
BUT, I am ready for steady warmer days and more sunshine. I know, eventually I will be complaining about how hot it is - geesh we are just never happy!
I think IF we have just some of these things we are blessed beyond measure. Look for the positive and good and the simple!!!! The simple things are the best.
- Colored my hair from supplies on hand. Did it just for me - to make me feel better!!!
- Made more Kool-Aid this week. Tired of iced tea and water and I am loving the change of flavor!
- Looking in the freezer and came across a vacuumed sealed pound cake (it's been in there a while). Pulled it out and it was just like fresh and ate that 2 or 3 times with some peach pie filling on top. Great treat
- Made up a batch of long grain/wild rice soup. Found a forgotten jar of rice in frig and decided to use part of it. My goodness it was tasty! Used all supplies I had on hand
- Cut up a partial t-shirt I found in a basket into 6 more nice size hankies
- Cooked up 4 pork chops (small center cut) on Easter. Ate 2 - used one cut up in soup and froze one for something else.
- Froze some leftover soup
- Made up a new bottle of shampoo and another bottle of the foaming hand wash soap
- Cut the front grass on the best weather day we had. It was still chilly - but that was OK
- Picked up a bunch of sticks and limbs that came down during a wind storm
- Paid what bills I had come in and paid my property taxes for the year. They are due in May and November - just paid them total so I don't forget.
- I called the garden center/feed store and placed an order for feed to p/u. No need to get out or shop - they loaded everything for me. Critters are all set for a while.
- I went out to go pick up at feed store and the Blazer was dead! ACK! I guess a week or so ago, when I got in it for something, I didn't get the back closed completely - and drained the battery. Luckily I have a portable battery charger and know how to use it. BOOM - it worked in an instant. So happy for that.
- I also stopped at the drive threw at bank and got a printout of an account.
- NO groceries still - using what I have (boy this sure is saving $$$$$!!!!)
- On nasty days (outdoors) I watched You Tube. Watching about a lot of abandoned homes that were left totally intact. Amazing!!!! I have also watched several other shows as well
- This weekend HBO is free on cable - so keeping an eye on the menu and I am recording a few shows for a rainy day.
- All the normal things - cooking from scratch, using what I have, laundry, basic cleaning, organizing, etc.
Pork chops, pan seared asparagus and a small salad
Creamy rice soup - 2X
Leftover pizza pasta and a grilled cheese sandwich (used 3 cheeses!)
Pigs in a blanket and pasta/tomatoes
How was your week? What frugal things did you do this week?
Are you having fun with your menus? I hope so. Get a little crazy and experiment!!!!
I learned this week that the garden center (inside the shop) is closed to patrons - pick up only. BUT, the greenhouse is open to the public as well as the grounds which contain plants and pots and accessories. Once the weather breaks and warms - I will venture to the actual greenhouse for a few plants. That will make for an enjoyable visit.
I am 37 days of not going in stores. I have done drop off at Post Office outside box, drive threw at bank, and a p/u at feed store. I also drove around the park on day - for different scenery!!!
My pantry is still going strong. I am truly happy for all the planning and lessons I have learned over the years!
Take care. Stay in. Stay healthy. Stay strong!
I pray for your health and safety and that of your families. Thank you all for being here - I love our little community. So many informative, caring and special people.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours!