It is another gloomy, gray and rainy day here. The rain is much appreciated. I think this makes 3 days this week for rain - and they say tomorrow as well. Temperatures have dropped drastically in the last 24 hours. 90's are gone (for now) - highs in the 70's for a few days!!!!! YAY! That is my perfect weather.
It has been a wet week. It has been a sad week. It has been a blah week and it has been a disappointing week. I have to add it has also been a blessed week! I am alive and well as are my family and friends - so blessed for sure.
*My little dog friend (next door) that I dog sit for - crossed the rainbow bridge Friday. He had many cancerous tumors and he was losing the use of his legs and wasn't eating or drinking. I went over to say goodbye and just lost it. Run free now - Bailey! I will sure miss that little fellow.
*I learned a lot this week about the people you think you should have been able to trust to be truthful - aren't always. Just so disappointing.
*I have poison ivy again on my arms! ICK! Summer fun - NOT! It itches so bad. Using my medicated soap, salt water and ICE is my friend. That is what gives me the most relief.
*They gray days have really played on me this week. I guess maybe I get depressed at times and just don't realize it (or want to admit it).
BUT today is a new day!
It has been pretty quiet this week.
- Picked flowers for the house
- Cut a bunch of chives and chopped and froze
- Cut a bunch of mint. I cooked down into mint water, added sweetener and cooked a while longer. Made a mint simple syrup - froze in ice cube trays. My goodness it is yummy tasting. It will be great this winter in hot tea or even in ice tea (refreshing)
- I did get myself some new tools. I got a battery operated weed trimmer and a battery operated hedge trimmer. Both the same brand and use the same battery. I have always had to drag a 100' cord around before and this really makes it easy to use ANY time I choose without trouble. I found a deal that I paid less for both than I would have for one at other places. I will keep the others just in case I have some tougher jobs ahead.
- Worked on weeding the garden really well - I swear the weeds grow much faster than the veggies
- I have picked 1 zucchini and several Roma tomatoes and about 8 lbs. of slicing tomatoes. I also found 3 little cucumber 'balls'! LOL - They aren't supposed to be balls - I will still use.
- NO GROCERY SHOPPING AT ALL this week
- Doing all the normal - changing bedding, laundry with dehumidifier water added, making Kool-Aid, picking produce, using what I have, opening windows for cool fresh air, eating from home, simple cleaning, etc.
- Changed out my outer bedding - just for a different 'view'
- I received several containers of Bio-Freeze for aching joints for FREE. My neighbors son received tons at his job and I was gifted many. Enough to last me the rest of my life!
Received cream, gel and spray
Meals this past week:
Tuna salad on buns, sliced tomatoes
Breakfast - Turkey patty (from freezer), fried eggs, toast and sliced tomato
Ham and cheese sandwich and sliced tomatoes
Zucchini pizza bites
Leftover "bites", cheesy roasted mini bell peppers and sliced tomatoes
Zucchini pizza bites - let slices drain on a towel - covered in oil and baked 5 minutes. Added sauce, pepperoni slice, cheese, chives and a thin slice of Roma tomato. Bake about 10 more minutes. (400*) These were so tasty. You could put anything you want on top. Would make a great meat free pizza bite!
So there you go. The good, the bad, and the ugly!!!! LOL That was my week.
How did your week go? Are any of you canning yet? I am hoping to start this week maybe.
Did you get any deals? Just give us a shout out - love hearing from everyone.
I keep each of you in my prayers for health and safety. Please take care and stay frugal!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.